cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SYNTAX_ERROR" error in program "SAPLMG21"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am trying to execute a transaction MM01/MM02/ME21/ME21N(All MM transactions), i am getting a runtime error as follows.

Runtime Errors SYNTAX_ERROR

Date and Time 21.04.2008 15:15:04

What can you do?

Please eliminate the error by performing a syntax check (or an extended program check) on the program "SAPLMG21 ".

You can also perform the syntax check from the ABAP Editor.

If the problem persists, proceed as follows:

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look at and manage termination messages, and you can also keep them for a long time.

*Error analysis*

The following syntax error was found in the program SAPLMG21 :

"The Dictionary structure or table "MARU" is either not active or does not exist."

For this, I am trying to send a message to SAP. But it is asking an application component name.

Can you please help me in knowing an application component or the way to resolve this issue.

Kindly advice,

Thanks & Regards,

Mogileeswar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go the Program (SE38) --> Utilities --> compare versions --> See if any modifications were done by some one --> You can also take help from ABAP team to compare the versions and fix the code.

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chanti,

MM or BC either of these 2 will go. But did you check MARU. What if one of your smart developers has done some tampering?

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just drop the message into the MM (Material Management) area if its not the right component they'll forward it to the right one.

Regards

Juan