cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is differents between pdk application and webdynpro java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am developed the application in webdynpro java,but my senior is asking why your not using pdk.please tell me performance of pdk.

what is the advantage and disadvantage of using pdk and weddynpro java

Please tell me which one is performance wise good

Regards

Sundaresan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One advantage of using WebDynpro is less coding, second advantage is complete adherence to MVC architecture which is automatically provided by the framework. Apart from that if static development of UI then less work to be done. If some data connection has to be done and that Datasorces, has a direct interface with the webdynpro models then no need to code for explicitly connecting to datasources etc.

it is just the decision before the development of application which way to go with. Both the techiniques are good. But both have there different set of domain for their application implementataions.

With Web Dynpro, you build professional, highly interactive, Web-based, and accessible user interfaces for business applications. With the portal, you provide role-based, secure access to any kind of information (structured or unstructured), services and applications via a Web browser. In SAP NetWeaver, these two technologies converge, enabling you to run Web Dynpro-designed content in iViews from within the portal.

EAR is a Enterprise application archive and it is deployed on to the WAS server through your Software Deployment Manager.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

check this thread:

/thread/736292 [original link is broken]

Regards

Priyanka

award point if it helps

Former Member