cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Integration for Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam new to webdynpro ABAP and now iam working on Portal integration i.e on OBN and creating of iviews. can anyone send me the demo examples and step by step navigation to do the exercises and also plz provide the documentation links or PDF's.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay kodali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

The Portal Integration you want as a Video. Please go thru it.

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/20/web-dynpro-abap-demonstration-videos

Award points if helpful

Cheers

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks mary,

iam very much thankful to u. can u send me

WEB DYNPRO FOR ABAP PART 1 – ADVANCED TOPICS

and any other documents like these teched pdfs related to webdynpro ABAP.

i already received WEB DYNPRO FOR ABAP PART 2 – ADVANCED TOPICS

regards,

ajay kodali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

send PDF

Cheers Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please refer this link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/74/d5e7418192c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

which helps u in creating step by step procedure..

if find useful, please reward points.

Cheers

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mary,

Thanks for ur quick reply. plz send me the PDF's upon this.Iam very much greatful to u. can u give me ur mail id so that i will send u the test mail.

Thanks & Regards,

ajay kodali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mary,

my id is ajaykodali22 at the rate of zeemail com

regards,

ajay kodali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajay Kumar

Please send your email address, so that i can send some basics PDF to you,

otherwise please refer the steps below.

Logon to the portal.

http://domain:portno/irj/portal

2) Create an iView.

In the Portal, click on tab Content Administration. Open Portal Content and open the folder "your folder name. Select the folder to create an iView in your group folder right click the folder and select New - iView

3) In the next screen leave the radio button iView template checked and select Next

(Note: don’t select Web Dynpro application which is the selection for Web Dynpro Java applications which are already deployed on the portal’s J2EE engine)

4) Scroll down and check the radio button for SAP Web Dynpro iView and press Next

5) Enter the IVIEW NAME AND id name of some webdynpro appln u have done like ZZ_OO_SFLIGHT (note: the ID can’t contain spaces and must be unique) and select Next

6) Select ABAP in the next dialog step:

7) Now specify the Web Dynpro application which should be displayed in the iView:

Choose M99 as System, sap for namespace and the name of the last running Web Dynpro application

Click Next and in the last step click Finish.

😎 If you open your folder you see the newly created Flight Selection iView.

9) If you double click the iView you can see its properties and test it with the Preview button, which checks the iView and the

connection to the ABAP backend by displaying it in an isolated window.

10)Create a portal page.

11)For getting the iView into the portal it is a good idea to embed the iView in a page. For that reason create a page in your folder.Open the context menu on your folder and create a new page.

12)This will start the page wizard. Name the page Flights Page with the ID FLIGHTS_PAGE_## (## is again your group numer).

13)Click Next. The radio button for Default Page Template must be checked

14)Click on Next.

Select 1 Column (Full Width) in the Available Layouts window and press Add. Your selection appears in the Selected Layouts

window

15) Press Next and click Finish in the next summarizing dialog and select the newly created page by clicking OK.

16) With the Flights Page opening edit mode select the Flights Selection iView you have created before with a right mouse click.

17) The selected iView is now embedded in the page. Save the page

18) Open your Flight Selection iView by double click and select in the Properties Editor Appearance – Size

and change the Height Type from FIXED to AUTOMATIC

19) Save the properties of the Flights Selection iView

20) To check the page go to the Flights Page Tab and click on Preview

21)The new page with the iView is launched in a separate browser window.

22) Now you will add the page to an existing role.

23) Open your Group ## folder and edit the Workshop User ## role by double click.

24) In the roles navigation structure at the right hand side select the Exercises folder (1) by single click.

While the Exercises folder is marked select your Flights Page page at the left hand side and open the context menu by right click.

Choose Add Page to Role → Delta Link (2)

25) If you now select the Workshop User ## tab, you will find your WD ABAP application added to the Exercises work list of the Workshop User role

Choose Add iView to Page – Delta Link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Portal integration is pretty simple.

Go through the following documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Navigate to:

WebDynpro Development in Detail -> Integration -> Portal Integration. It has all the information you would need.

You could also go through the following WDP demo components - WDR_TEST_PORTAL*

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaques,

Thanks for ur reply. i had gone thru all these wat u have sent the links to me before itself. but i want some exercises to do practice i.e step by step navigation. like this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/scenario1-NavigationfromSourceiviewtotarget+iview&

The above link shows one demo example. Like this can u provide me some more.

Regards,

ajay kodali.