Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict a Users saving a Query to a Wrk bk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I need to restricts End users saving a BEx query to a Work Book, I included S_RS_COMP with 03 & 16 and also S_GUI as 60 & 61...do I have to change any other Authorization Objects to achieve this? please let me know...

Thanks,

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_GUI with 'import' activity allows users to save the workbooks and 'export' allows you to pull up the saved workbooks.So you should be removing S_GUI 60. then it will work as you expected.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the auth object S_BDS_DS.

0 Kudos

I have both S_BDS_DS and S_BDS_D only '03' activity in the role..but still they are able to save the BEx query to a Workbook.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Give S_GUI activity as 60 and S_BDS_DS activities as 03 & 30 with class type 'OT'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_GUI with 'import' activity allows users to save the workbooks and 'export' allows you to pull up the saved workbooks.So you should be removing S_GUI 60. then it will work as you expected.

0 Kudos

Thank You Keerthi that worked when I take out Import for S_GUI, but one of my colleague said this is not the best practise? please share your thoughts..I dunno anyother way of doing this..

0 Kudos

I did wanted to mention it prior to answering this question but thought it might be ur company's requirement.

When ur users already have the ability to drilldown on the query I don't think its an issue to let them create/save the workbooks for the queries they already have access for.

I guess you don't want them saving the workbooks in the role menus. if that's the case restrict them from saving in the menu roles(block S_USER_AGR).

let the users save the workbooks in their favourites.

if letting ur endusers saving there workbooks is creating lot of junk on ur system ask ur BW guys to reorganize the workbooks once a while.