cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New transaction in 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to do soem Release from DP to SNP, there I saw this new trnasaction

/SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP - Release from InfoProvider to ERP System

I coudl not udnerstand what does it mean by ERP system, Everything related to Datasource is from a BW source, and Target system is not clearly specified.

Could anyone help me to understand what this transaction is used for?

any answer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

APO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

instead of transfering from planning area to R3 using a transfer profile as it was possible till 4.0, this would enable you to release from an infoprovider to R3. This could be a remote cube or a real cube

So technically you can still take from a planning area but you could also use a backup real cube

This would mean you dont have to

maintain a planning book/data view

Create a transfer profile.

Create an activity.

Create a planning job.

Schedule the planning job

instead you just use this transaction. you loose a bit of control that you could have in terms of periodicity since you just have a horizon. (the period split profiles are not that flexible)

this is similar to releasing to SNP using a release profile vs releasing using MC90

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transaction exists in earlier versions as well. You can try going through the main menu to the transaction and right click to display the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/21/7b78c88efe4c1faf4450d7b84d8816/content.htm

Although I have not used the transaction, I am guessing it works similar to /n/SAPAPO/REL_TO_SNP (only forecast load is possible) except that behind the scenes it directly transfers Forecasts to R3 just like transfer profile. Check the function modules in the program by doing a search on "CALL FUNCTION" in this program and compare it with the one that helps do transfer to R3 using transfer profile.