cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode JCo Server handleRequest(IDoc.DocumentList) is not called

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SAP gurus!

I have a little problem using JCo with a unicode enabled IDoc receiver server (JCoIDoc.Server).

Before, I had the same problem described in the followig thread:

Now, after following the above thread´s recomendations and enabling unicode in my JCo Server and in my SAP RFC destination, my server´s handleRequest(IDoc.DocumentList) method is not called anymore.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Ballock.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

when you define parameter in your code for idoc server

srvProps.put("jco.server.unicode", "1"); // enter "1" for unicode systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Julio!

Our code already has this property set and our SAP RFC destination is also enabled for unicode.

We don´t know what could be... we are completely lost here.

The strange thing is that when we disable unicode both in our java class and in the SAP RFC destination, the method handleRequest(IDoc.DocumentList) starts receiving empty IDocs again.

Do you know what could be?

Thanks for your help!

Ballock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We found the problem cause.

There were 2 errors in our client configuration:

1. my client property "jco.client.client" was wrong

2. my client user had not the access to the IDocs metadata

After correcting that, we received the IDocs as expected.

Best regards.

Edited by: Carlos Gustavo de Medeiros Ballock on Apr 24, 2008 7:02 PM

Edited by: Carlos Gustavo de Medeiros Ballock on Apr 24, 2008 7:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

How can we define jco.client.client parameter in Non SAP system, if single stack PI system.

We are trying to send IDOC to Non SAP system.

SAP <->PI <->Non SAP JCo system. So we need to define this parameter jco.client.client in Non SAP  system side.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

the metadata for the IDoc in the Non-SAP JCo based systen needs to be looked up from a true ABAP system. no way around that. And then you need to specify a fitting client, for which you have a user with the appropriate permissions to read the metadata.

Best regards,

Markus

HAL9000
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I would like to add that this thread from 2008 was about JCO.Server and IDoc.DocumentList which belong to JCo version <= 2.1 and JIDocLib 1.0. Both are not supported any longer by SAP since March 2013.

If RFC is needed in Java you should now use JCo 3.0 and the JIDocLib 3.0 instead. Hence, I recommend to start a new thread if you would like to ask further questions based on JCo or JIDocLib version 3.0.

What Markus said remains valid for all versions, but for example the property 'jco.server.unicode' does not exist any longer in JCo 3.0 and there are numerous other differences.

Best regards,
Stefan