cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System requirements for SAP Netweaver and XI (test environment!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I would like to install the SAP Web Application Server 6.4 ABAP and Java (on MaxDB) plus Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 on a single machine. I will only use the installation for XI testing purposes and I am wondering what system requirements I will have to meet.

I already had a look at the quicksizing tool (available at http://service.sap.com/quicksizing) and the planning and installation manuals (available at http://service.sap.com/instguides) but I think these requirements are for live systems with much heavier load than a testing system has to handle.

Would it be possible to install the products on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz system with 512 MB ram and 40 GB hard drive? If not what configuration would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi meyer!!

i am installing SAP BW 350 which is part of SAP NW 04

i need to install WEB AS 640 ABAP .

can you please tel lme the minimum Hardware req. for this

I have 160Gb HDD and 3 GB ram p4 processor

thanks

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meyer,

You please go ahead and install.Mail me if you encounter any problems.

Steps to install:

1.jdk

2.Oracle software(if you are using oracle as your DB)

3.Oracle patch

4.WAS ABAP (CI)

5.DB Instance

6.JAVA as ADD-ON.

7.XI 3.0

8.Post installations as per the document.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your postings, Vika and Kevin!

I don't want to install Oracle as my DB but MaxDB. I think the installation steps would be the same wouldn't they?

Thank you very much for the offer to contact you if problems arise. First of all I have to get the hardware components but when installing I probably will come back to you, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would go with 4GB. WAS 640 ABAP/J2EE already req. at least 2GB and another DXI (which is another ABAP/J2EE combo) will take up more than 1GB. I don't have an enviromenent that has WAS 640 ABAP/J2EE and XI running on both box but I do have many boxes with 2 or 3 WAS 640 instances running on 4GB/1-2CPU config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meyer,

For testing purpose,you require atleast:

3 GB RAM and 100GH HD space.

I have installed the XI 3.0 with the above configuration,and it is working fine.

I hope this helps.

Please award points,if my answer is helpful.

rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

thank you very much for your quick answer.

Am I getting it right that you installed the Web Application Server and the XI on the same machine? I read about the mandatory installation on two seperate machines but I hope that the installation on one machine is also possible when using the server for testing purposes.

What processor do you have? Do you think my Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor will do it?

Very appreciative greetings,

Florian