cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Developer Edition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether it's possible to install SAP onto Microsoft's SQL Developer Edition in Pre-Production platforms. Microsoft state publicly that Developer Edition has all the functionalilty of Enterprise and is essentially a rebadged Enterprise Edition with a development-centric Licensing model.

Furthermore, I understand that Microsoft's licensing documents cite a three tiered environment approach - Dev, Test and Prod - using Enterprise in production and Developer Edition in Dev and Test, as per pretty much any other SQL based environment.

I understand that the SAP system installation can be carried out manually (as opposed to the VBS scripted method), allowing the use of non-SAP provided media for the SQL installation but I'm unsure as to whether it will accept the Developer Edition installation at this point.

Thanks

W

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 are only tested in the Enterprise Edition by SAP. Therefore, only the Enterprise Edition is supported. The SAP support may not be able to solve problems that occur with other editions

if you want to try to use Developer Edition you need to install it manually check the installation document to install SQL server manually but do it as your own risk as SAP support is concern

regards,

kaushal