cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue from speical stock outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to create an outbound delivery from a Sales Order that when posting goods issue, the goods will be issued from special stock E. In my case when the outbound delivery is created the special stock field is defaulted with an empty value.

Because of this, the system is try to issue the goods from regular unrestricted stock.

How do we configure that field to default as E - Sales Order stock?

Thank you,

Meital

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In such cases you have to check for any developments like use of Userexits in the program. Earlier there could be changes made. This only a clue.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you configure the field 'Special Stock Indicator' as E - in Item Category (VOV7), it will be defaulted as E.

If you want to do PGI as special stock, be sure that already that special stock is maintained for this sales order/customer. Also use appropriate movement type in the schedule lines.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have noticed that option to configure in the item category, but it seems that something else in the system overides that.

Because one value is configured for the item category, but a different one is proposed in the outbound.

To clairify, I have confirmed the Sale Order quantity and I have stock maintained in the relevant sales order stock.

Any ideas as to what else might drive the special stock field in the outbound delivery?

Thanks!

Meital

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Meital

Yes it is also based on your Requirement Class what you maintained in material master. For example, if you maintain 040 as your Requirement Class in material master, the said material will always be treated as special stock. The control for the same you can see in OVZG where "E" would be maintained for the fields "Special Stock" and "Account Assignment Category".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses.

Indeed it had to do with the configuration of the requirements class.

The flow was as follows:

1. In the material master MRP 3 the strategy group is defined

2. In customization the strategy group is linked to strategy

3. In the definitions of the strategy group the requirement type and class are defined

4. In customizing of the requirements class (As Lakshmipathi suggested - transaction OVZG) it is linked to the special stock indicator.

Thanks again,

Meital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Levy,

When you want to do PGI from special stock indicator as 'E', you should have the stock against sales order stock.

Try to post the stock via MB1A by using 521 movement type with special stock indicator as E and try to do PGI.

Reward if this helps.

Thanks,

Phaneendran.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear meital levy

Unless the quantity is confirmed in the sale order for which you are trying to create delivery, you wont be able to post goods issue. If you want to reserve the stock for a particular sale order, you can do so via MB1A / 291E where you need to define the sale order reference.

From already earmarked stock, you cannot post goods issue for a different sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi