cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Tables (SE11 stuff) and ABAP program (SE80 stuff), HOW TO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with the VMWare version (SAP NetWeaver 70 - Java and ABAP VMware Trial) and I'm having quite some fun creating my first application (following instructions in a book I have).

For now I'm rather impressed with SAP, and I don't really understand why people pester so much about it. From what I can see for now I'll have my app up in no time. Also I didn't realise that SAP was quite "open" in fact, I was suprised for example to be able to run the debugger "/h" on "SE11" for example, and thus view the SAP source code. Is this also possible on SAP ERP Financials/HCM/Operations transactions ?

OK... I'll confirm all this when I have more experience and my application is actually working, but this is the mood of the week (after a hard WE trying to get NW working).

• However, Heres's my question *************

Now I've done some work (created tables with SE11 and ABAP programs with SE80), how can I export this work (to some files) so that if my vmware screws up I can import it back in ?

Another situation : How do I put my work in someone elses NetWeaver (or SAP for that matter) ?

Thanks for some replies.

Angela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello angela,

1. How do I put my work in someone elses NetWeaver (or SAP for that matter) ?

ans: While saving your changes to the repository objects using se80 or se11 you should provide a transport request or store as a local objets. So if you provide the transport request while creation you objects will be recorded in the transport request and you can import this transport request to which ever system you want. You have to contact your system admin for the transport of the request.

2. if you have already opened your program using transaction SE80, in the utilities menu you have option to export to file by using this option you can store the programs on your local disc.

Regards,

mahamood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. Indeed, when I create my SE11 or SE80 stuff, I keep choosing "local objects".

I don't fully understand what you're saying though.

Do you say that when I've finished my project I can export all my "local objects" to a file or something and import them back in later (or on another NetWeaver)? How do I go about that ? With a transport request ?

Or are you saying that instead of choosing "local objects" I should pick the other option, then what happens ? In my book they always say to use local objects.

About SE80, my book mentions the "export to file" button, but if I've created tens or hundreds of files, this seems a little cumbersome.

I'm asking this because my book doesn't seem to address this topic.

Angela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your books says correct only, while training you should only use the local objets. if you are working on real project then rather using the local object you have to create the request and attach your changees to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.... but still not totally clear to me, so sorry but ....

... let's put it another way :

is it possible to develop an application in one NetWeaver to use it later in another NetWeaver ? (ie, without having to export SE80s file by file and retype all the SE11s) ?

If yes, how is it done ?

Sorry for insisting, but this seems to me to be an important issue, and I want to be sure what I'm doing...

Angela

Answers (0)