cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retroactive Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been looking into retro billing (transaction VFRB) but it doesn't seem to work in the way I would expect.

The scenario I am trying to follow is:

Contract with periodic billing set to bill 1000 GBP every month in advance from 01/2008 - 12/2008

As of 05/2008 a new price of 1050 GBP is agreed but this is to be backdated to 04/2008.

04/2008 is already billed through billing plan at 1000 so debit needs to be created for the extra 50 GBP.

I have created a new price valid from 04/2008 and this is picked up in the billing plan for on-going items. Running retro billing I was expecting it to find 1000 billed, compare this to the new price, and create debit for 50 GBP based on the new price?

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

VFRB is picking up my billing document but instead of creating a debit it created a credit with value 0 GBP.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theoretically, for Milestone Billing,

- any change that occurs after certain billing documents have been created are distributed among the remaining billing plan dates.

- The amount remaining to be retro-billed for the billing documents already created is included in the final invoice.

Since your case relates to periodic billing, I don't know whether we can apply above points.

There's a report for periodic billing RVFPLA01. Please check whether running this report would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, but this has not resolved the problem.

I will raise this issue with OSS to see if there is a bug with the solution working with periodic billing plans.

Many Thanks,

Cara