Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a ABAP API for Web AS 6.20 ?

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi@all,

I need to access MDM from a R/3 4.7 with extension set 2.00 that runs on a Web AS 6.20.

The problem is that the ABAP API only works for Web AS 6.40 or above so that I am stuck here. Is there any chance that

I find a API that fits in 6.20 or is there any other way ( e.g per workaround ) that can solve this problem?

I don't think I want to upgrade the System to 6.40 which would be big deal in itself already.

Thanks for any help!!!

BR,

Erdal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no ABAP API for 6.20.

But there is a workaround in case there is a 6.40(+) system in the landscape.

Just install the ABAP API on the 6.40 system and call the function modules via rfc from the 6.20 system.

Kind Regards

Andreas

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanks a lot for this information!!!

I was also assuming that in case I am not able to set it up on the 6.20 enfironment - then the solution lies somewhere

outside of that. Indeed, there is a second system with a Portal and SM running on it which is on 6.40.

Would this do it?

Thanks!!!

BR,

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdal,

When you have a System with WEBAS 6.40 or 7.00 you can definitely implement the MDM ABAP API functionality.You just need to apply the MDM_TECH Add-on patch according to the WEBAS version and the MDM Server version you are using.

The MDM ABAP API runs on any ABAP system. It is delivered with the component MDM TECHNOLOGY (5.5.5 640, 5.5.5 700).

Hope it will help you .

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

thanks a lot for your answer!

I think this all goes to the same direction where the MDM addOn is installed on the 6.40 environment.

I will try this and hopefully it works!

Thanks!!!

BR,

Erdal

Answers (0)