cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE 2 PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I HAVE 100 FIELDS AT MY SENDER SIDE.BUT,I NEED TO UPDATE ONLY 20 FILEDS IN SAP AND UPLOAD INTO SAP.DO I NEED TO DECLARE 100 FIELDS AT RECEVIER OR SHOULD I DECLARE 20 FIELDS.DO I NEED TO DO MAPPING,OR SIMPLY WRITE THE CODE IN SERVER PROXY TO UPDATE?

REGARDS,

SOMU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to write the functional module according to your requirement and call it in the proxy or even you can write the logic in the proxy itself.

Its all depends on how you are designing the interface.

Thanks

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do u hav an example code to write server proxy?do u hav any documents on writing FM.am basically from java background.

Regards,

somu.

Edited by: so mu on Apr 23, 2008 6:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First determin wheather the FILE is Flat File or XML file.

If its Flat file then do FCC.

You no need to map all the 100 fields in receiver side...you can igore the rest 80 fields and map 20 fields.

and Update of the records it better and recommanded to write the logic at the Server Proxy.

Thanks

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as we need function module to update the data in r/3?is it a predeined function module or do we need to create it?

Regards,

somu

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI there,

If you want to update only 20 fields then create rec structure with 20 fields and map that with sender...

and update into SAP through proxy....

Regards

Rao

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use FCC in file sender and convert the file in to XML. Then map this to the target structure (create this in XI with only the fields you want). Generate the server proxy and push the data in SAP.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

thank u.u mean to say that,we dnt ned to declare 100 fields.

Regards,

somu