cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send mail notification using MDM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In <b>MDM</b>, I've to <b>notify</b> the user by <b>sending mail</b> , whenever there is a deletion/modification of the product record in main table.

How to achieve it. If do have any doc/procedure about 'Know-How', kindly send across.

With thanks and kind rgds.,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

during Design time you have to include a "Notify"-Step into your workflow.

In the user administartion in the console, the user needs to get an e-mail ID assigned.

In addition you must add a mail-server in the mds.ini File (documented in the Data Manager guide for SP02).

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

You should also set the server in your mds.ini file:

Mail Server=

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

If I want to send a mail if the user didn't do his task. I put the Mail Server in the mds.ini file already, and it not works.

Anyone can help me?

Thks

Mario

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

did you try to incorporate in your workflow a "normal" notification step and verify whether this works ? If this also doesn't work, then there might be something wrong with your general e-mail setup.

Regards Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus:

I have configured the Mail Server in the mds.ini and I put in the workflow a notify step, and the mail doesn't work. What else I have to do for configure this functionality? I dont have to put a default account in the MDM?

Thanks,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

You need not have any default account for MDM. All you need is mds.ini configuration, assign email IDS to users in console. The email will be sent from the eMail address of the owner of the workflow... not from any other MDM email account.

Regards,

Rajani