cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Control Key for Spain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how the Bank Control Key works for Spain.

The help on the field LFBK-BKONT is not that helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rwarri1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a key for checking the combination of bank number and bank account number. Permitted length, characters and other country information for Spain are :

The bank key has eight digits (4 positions stand for the bank number + 4 positions for the branch), is numerical, and without gaps.

The bank account number has 10 digits, is numerical, and without gaps.

The control key has 2 digits and is numerical.

The bank key, the bank account number and the control key are checked simultaneously.

If an error message is displayed when entering bank data, you should check whether data has been entered correctly. Here's a sample.

Country Bank key Bank account Control key

Spain 00120345 0000067890 03

Hope this helps. I had copied this from a note long back and can look for the actual note if required.

Cheers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

this kind of helps, I got this from the user, what I was after was how could I work it out, I presume there is some rule that adds the figures up.

Anyway it is sorted as the user told me the correct code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does SAP populate the control key for Spain if we enter the bank country, bank key and bank account number?

Also, if we enter the IBAN number directly without SAP proposing it, will the control key be back-filled for Spain?

if the answers are No to the above, then we have to obtain the control keys from the end users. But how does the end users know the control key?

I also have the same question for Italy.

Can anybody help?

pablo_lozano
Active Participant

Answers (0)