cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional file usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we create a orginal application file in a DIR , we can create an additional file with original application file. Such additional file can be template or layout or picture.

I am able to create an addtional file with original application file. How to view this addtional file in DMS?

Also for what purpose we can use this application ?

Thanks,

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hemant,

This additional funcationality v use when there is additional files which is assigned in side the original attachemnt. if u want access the file which is inserted as object, through this functionality u can open that file aslo.

for ex: there is one word file inside that one more excel sheet is inserted, when check in word file, when u open the file u can not open exel file which is inserted.To open excel file u need to check in excel file as additional file.

award points if useful

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

i just have the same requirement to make use of Additional file option in CV01N,

the senario is we have Word files *.doc, and inside these Word files have attachment of Excel files,

the Word file is checked in to Server, and the excel file is maintained as Additional File.

but when i open the Word file in SAP i could not open up the Attached Excel file in it.

i have maintained the proper workstation Setting for both *.doc and *.xls file. but still unable to open up the Excel file stored inside Word file.

where am i missing any configuration or any specific note is to applied.

thanks and regards

Kumar