Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Removal of Roles through SU10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have thousands of expired accounts that still have valid roles. I want to remove all roles from these expired accounts. In Su10 to remove roles do you have to list the roles you want to remove? Is there a function in SU10 to simply remove any roles these users have? In Su10 I tried checking the remove box and the change box but then when I execute it is not removing any of the roles when I look in SU01. So to actaully remove the roles does it require you to list them?

Edited by: Alex Williams on Apr 23, 2008 3:13 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a program that will do this for you - PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES. I believe it is available as of 6.1.

Check also OSS # 865841.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a program that will do this for you - PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES. I believe it is available as of 6.1.

Check also OSS # 865841.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks JC but doesn't PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES only remove expired roles? The majority of these roles were not set to expire and I need to find a program that will mass remove all roles (valid and invalid) from all expired accounts.

Alex

0 Kudos

Sorry I misread your post. I suppose there is a reason why you want to keep the expired accounts ? Otherwise the quickest way is simply to delete the expired accounts.

You can use SU10, but you would need to list every role. You also have to make sure that the role dates encompass the dates of the roles that are assigned to the ids. Usually it is the start date - so you may want to put in a start date prior to even implementation to catch everything.

Edited by: JC on Apr 23, 2008 9:47 AM

0 Kudos

For SU10 to work you need the begindate and enddate for the role assignment.

Best work out a way to automate this with (E)CATT or LSMW.

I wrote about that in the other thread you've started with almost the [same question|;.

If that wasn't clear enough please let us know.

0 Kudos

Yes, SU10 will default the the current date as begin date and end date. Since the roles will most likely have a date prior to the current date there is no reason to change that, but the begin date should be changed to something earlier than the earliest begin date of the roles assigned.

Edited by: JC on Apr 23, 2008 11:44 AM