cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xEM capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one have a clear idea of the capabilities of SAP EHS; xEM (Emission Management)?? anybody worked on this module?? please let me know, I have specific doubts in it,

Regards,

Keshav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

SAP Xapp Emissions Management is one of the new breed composite application Package based on SAP Net Weaver, designed to support all scenarios relevant to emissions and compliance management in large industrial corporations.

SAP xEM integrates with other sap modules such as SAP MM, SAP EH&S and SAP WM

*SAP xEM Capabilities*

1. Emission Calculation:

SAP xEM helps to calculate emissions from emission sources

Ex: emission from burning fuel from a boiler

2. Compliance tracking:

SAP xEM helps to monitor the complaint related action items.

3. Reporting:

SAP xEM provides powerful and flexible reporting capabilities. Statistical data can be analyzed by built-in analytical queries or by extracting data in to SAP BW.

Regards

Janardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janardan,

Thanks for your prompt answer, to be specific, I would like to know whether water budgetting with in the industrial premises is possible through this?? Yeah by going through some of the documents, it clear that emission modelling is possible by selecting sources and by giving proper emission factors, it will calculate rough emissions from that particular activity..

my specific questions are

1. whether it is possible to extarct reports on emissions if this emission modelling is done with other softwares (other than SAP)??

2. what kind of activities and reports can be generated using the complaiance tracking??

3.carbon trading is possible with this??

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

To answer your first question, if the emissions modelling is done in a seperate software, the solution has web-services for transactional data e.g. emissions, which can be imported and then you can leverage the reporting tool of the application. You can also leverage SAP MII to import transactional data for which connectors are available with the solution.

You can generate multiple type of reports e.g. form based reports to submit to government authorities as well as ad hoc reports to query data. With the software BW Content is also delivered to leverage it for reporting.

GHG emissions management and carbon certificate management is also standard functionality of SAP Environmental Compliance.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Regards

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable information hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one answer me for the following questions on xEM.

1. Is it possible to implement xEM without SAP PM and PP modules ( as I heard xEM integration with PM & PP)

2. Is it possible to implement xEM with any other PM module (other than SAP PM)?

3. Can anyone explain me the integration points and performance issues without integration??

4.expalin the process Integration with EP, B/W and regulatory reports etc

Please send across the answers at the earlist, Points given for quick and right answers

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keshav,

Did you find the solutions to the questions. Please post the answers. as I am also looking for xEM. If you have any information regarding my questions .please post the answer.I am working on

implementation of EH&S for emissions monitoring (EMIS)

through xEM and Dangerous Goods configuration for the Rail Car

Management (RCM) solution.

I have few questions

1.how to Track and record quantities of Substances that are

purchased, imported, produced, consumed, sold or exported by the

client .

2.Enter quantity limit values in accordance to the relevant

regulations of countries where client has dealings

The system should compare recorded quantities with limit quantities

and provide the necessary warnings or errors to users with respect to

their business processes.

The system should also provide quantity-independent checks.

Thanks

Van

Answers (0)