cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I have a BPM scenario and now I want to send a soap message via http to my receiver system. When the message is send out I want to receive an acknowledgement if the message is received or not received. Because the next step is a switch which is based on the outcome, (message received branche 1, message not received branche 2).

I have read things about application transport, but I cannot capture this message so I can use it in my switch condition. Anyone has any idea's on how to solve this??

Thnx!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You won't be able to utilize the sys/trans ack message.

Ack is just a confirmation, if you set this the send step will show failed status if it didn't receive any ack. Instead of switch use an exception block to utilize this.

Otherwise

If it is an asynchronous send step, design and get an asynchronous response/ack message back and use this switch.

rgds

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You say:

If it is an asynchronous send step, design and get an asynchronous response/ack message back and use this switch.

How do I do this?

Thnx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Opt1

Currently you are using an async send step and based on whether it is success or failure you want to do some processing. You can enable the transport/system ack check box in the send step. The send step will wait for the ack. If it doesn't receive the ack in a specified time period say 30min, handle the error using a deadline branch.

Opt2

Design the target application to send another message as acknowledgement to the bpm. For this you must use a receive step after the async send step and also maintain the correlation params. So the receive step will receive the ack message and you can process the same.

rgds

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the link..

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/cfde3f7bc1eb06e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

That link is not what I need I think, because its sending out an fault message in response to a received message... What I want to do is send an request and receive something like an ack or HTTP OK messsage, if this is not received then I need to swith to some branch if, it's received then I need to switch to the other branch...

Thnx for thinking.