Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace approver in Shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am creating a shopping cart in SRM 5.0

I get 2 approvers for e.g. A and B , Before ordering the shopping cart I want to replace B approver with A again manually, so there will be two approver ,both A.

My requirement is it should display me only one approver A instead of two A's.

I have used BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

and method GET_REMANING_APPROVER.

When ever I am changing the approver from B to A , the same data is not reflecting in my BADI.It is showing me the old approvers i.e A & B.

Are there any OSS notes avalible or any other BADI.

Please let me know if some code change is has to be done in above mentioned BADI

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Suds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desi,

I am getting the approvers as per my Approving value limits.

my problem is for e.g

I have three approvers

A,B,C for the shopping cart and C is on leave for one month I want to replace the C approver to B so that there will be only two approvers i.e A , B and B again.

So whenever I preview my approvers it should be two approvers and only two work items should be created i.e one for A and another for B .

Now it is creating two work items for B but instead it should create only one work item for B.

Waiting for your precious inputs

Thanks and regards

Suds

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

For replacing users who are on holiday you can use substitutions. No need to replace approvers.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The number of approvals depends on the approval value limit. "Approval limit" is the limit up to which a certain approval can approve. If the value of the shopping cart is below this approval limit then it will be approved only by approver A for example in your case. If the shopping cart is above that limit then the system will start searching for another approver. In this case you should activate the BADI which you have mentioned.

The approval limit is maintained in transaction PPOMA_BBP at position level in "Extended attribute" tab -> PO Value limits-> approval limit. Shopping cart creator can have "Output limit", which means that shopping carts up to that value will not be subject to approval.

Hope my answer will help you!

Desi

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

The Badi you mentioned determines the approvers so if you change them manually the Badi will overwrite this. So I don't think if you can get the requirement as requested. So I don't think there is a possibility to change an approver with this Badi.

Regards,

Martin