cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite Systems - How far back can SolMan 4.0 go ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the SAP Note which talks about the BASIS Release requirements of Satellite Systems, in order for SolMan 4.0 to be connected to them ?

I came across SAP Note 661949 - Solution Manager Component systems with Basis Release 4.6B which mentions a few facts, but I am still not clear.

In other words, if someone would like to make use of SolMan to connect to very old SAP systems (3.1H or I for instance), is it still feasible? If so, does it go by Scenario of SolMan to be implemented.

Is it a case where, for Implementation Scenario, Basis Release 4.6B is required whereas for Service Desk, it can go lower (?)

Any pointers will be gratefully acknowledged.

Thanks.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Implementation the minimum release supported is 4.6B, for Change Request Management is 4.6C. For more details check the Configuration Guide in https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/instguides under SAP Components->Solution Manager->Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply. I was already in that section, somehow, this information was not very clear from Config Guides since it differed by Scenario.

It confirms the data I have tried to compile from a Config Guide PDF and SAP Note:

Satellite System's Requirements for Implementation scenario, using SolMan 4.0, as of SP15

Satellite Systems (Basis Release)

• 4.6C: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 56 (SP 58, if ChaRM is required)

• 4.6D: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 29 (SP42, -

" -

)

• 6.10: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 18 (SP43, -

" -

)

• 6.20: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 00 (SP51, -

" -

)

• 6.40: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 00 (SP12, -

" -

)

• 7.00: SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA: SP 00 (SP06, -

" -

)

Also, for those with SolMan SP below 15, SAP Note 907768 mentions a few other SP levels required in Satellite Systems.

Many thanks again.

Best wishes,

Srini

Answers (0)