Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validationa - MDM Item Details Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM 5.5 SP5

EP 7 SP 10

We have created item details iview in EP based on the custom vendor repository.

I would like to know, is there any way, whereby I can do validations at the client end.

Rgds,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by "validations at the client end"? Do you mean validating functions written in JavaScript to be run in the web browser? If so, this is not possible.

However, if you define validations via the Data Manager, these validations will be executed when you save data from an Item Details iView.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Validation in Data manager..They will be used at the client end at runtime...

Regards,

Ashwin M

[Dont forget to mark helpful answer]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using Item Details Business Pkg iView, there is no option of customising this iView in terms of validation. Yes, you can add table level or record level validations in Result Set iView. Not in case of Item Details.

Option as of now is to go for customisation of this iView. Can you pass on more details? Why do you need customisation at Details level only?

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To explain it further,

let say, in item details iview, i have activated create option, to introduce a new vendor,

in the header tab, i have put the following fields

Vendor Number

Name 1

Is it possible to validate field Name 1.

Further, I am facing one more problem,

i want to select purchasing organisation for the vendor.

though, while creating iview, in the tabs section, i have specified status of the field updatable,

the following options are deselected

Edit, Delete Selected, Add

how can i activate them ?

Pls. help.

Rgds,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to your first question is NO. This is not possible till date. You need to customize the Business pkg. In case you need more information on customization, hunt this forum for MDM Portal integration...

Also, making a field updateable doesnt mean that the buttons Edit etc will be enabled. While creating this iView, there will come a step wherein you wll be asked whether you want Create/Edit/Delete. If you have not eabled Edit etc they will come in disabled format only.

Making a field updateable only means that you will be able to select a new value (text or drop down or new window)....

Hope its clear now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response.

while creating iview, i have enabled all the three options for the item details iview. it is shown at the top of the ivew, whenever you click on the item appearing in the result set iview.

when you choose, create option ( to create a new vendor ) for certain fields, you get the following opitons

edit, delete selected, add

( in the filed value, you get "Value is empty" message )

i am not able to enter any value in the said field.

how do i customise the business content, do they provide source code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say it doesnt allow you to enter values, is it coming as uneditable or what? Also, what is the field type in MDM? Is it a look up or a what?

Also, MDM Business package cannot be customized via their source code. You need to use MDM Java APIs/ABAP APIs/Web Services to do the same...

Of course, effort in terms of resources and time will increase....

Regards,

Dev.