Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filter dependent badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wht is the filter dependent badi.

when shd we use this filter dependent badi badi.

wht happens if we select the check box of filter dependent badi? or not selected.

Thanks in advance.

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BADI's filters give you a chance to call specific implementation based on filter value.Actually it is available whenever you have multiple implementations for one BADI definition.

suppose you created one two BADI implementations for ME_PO_PROCESS_CUST definitions..you check the filter option in SE18 and give on what field you want to do filetr...give that field data element or structure.then automatically all of the methods in your BADI implementation gets one import parameter which is FLT_VALUE.within the code you write for different values different code in both implementations.within the transaction if you give that one of field value that perticular BADI implementation will be triggered.

I hope you understand well...

Reward if useful.

Dara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dara,

if i use filter dependent badi in that i have given filter value is VBELN(DATA ELEMENT) and i used this vbeln in both of my implementations of perticular badi.then wht would be the result.

which badi it will calls.

Thanks in advance,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose if you did implementation1 with filter VBELN...whenever you write the code within methods , you have to give some value for FLT_VAL which is automatically obtianed in your all methods...so you have to pass some value.

if you pass some value like FLT_VAL = '1000090000' in first implementation method with some logic.

If you pass another value in FLT_VAL = '1000090001' of seconmd implementation method with some other logic.

Ok..now if you enter VA03 tcode enter vbeln value...if you enter 1000090000 it trigger the first method..if you enter 1000080001 it triggers the second method based on filter value.

Reward if useful.

Dara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dara,

assigned full points to u.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.When check box is in multple use then we can implement n of implementations for that particuler BADI.

2.Suppose the check box is in Filter-dependent,you can create based on the condition.

u can enter Ur document Types as filters for which types only u want the BADI to be processed. If u want all the Types to be entered and as the BADI is Filter Dependent , u have to enter all the Document types. Now the BADI is triggered only for the Documents containgin that Document type u entered in the filter only.

Refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/eb/3e7cf7940e11d295df0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/eb/3e7cf7940e11d295df0000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Regards

Kiran

*P.S: You have already ask the same question a week before,don't repeat the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Add-Ins may be implemented on the basis of a filter value. If an enhancement for country-specific versions is provided for in the standard version, it is likely that different partners will want to implement this enhancement. The individual countries can create and activate their own implementation.

Enter a filter type when defining your enhancement (a country or industry sector, for example). All methods created in the enhancement's interface have filter value FLT_VAL as their importing parameter. The application program provides the filter value for the enhancement method. The method then selects the active implementation for that value.

To define a filter-dependent Business Add-In, first create the definition of the Business Add-In and select the Filter-dependent checkbox.

Enter the data element you want as a filter type or select a filter type using the input help.

If you want to call the implementation of a Business Add-In to depend not only on a filter value but on various values, you can enter the name of a structure in the FilterType field.

Now create an interface with methods. Remember that for each method you create in the interface of a filter-dependent enhancement, the filter value must be defined as the importing parameter so that the application program can provide the filter value to the enhancement method. The method then selects the active implementation for that value.

I hope it helps.

Also have a look at belwo link for details.

[Filer Dependent BADIs|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/eb/3e7cf7940e11d295df0000e82de14a/frameset.htm]

Thanks,

Vibha

Please mark all the useful answers