cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of ship to party address in the salesorder ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an order ,and in the chnge mode i have changed the address of the ship to party . but iam not able to see them in the changes screen of the sale sorder.

can any one tell me which table these changes are recorded ?

Regards

kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The address change documents are not displayed in the change

documents, they are only updated in change document tables CDHDR

and CDPOS.

The object class of the change document is ADRESSE and the

address number forms the ObjectID.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran

From My understanding you want to retain historical address on Sales Order. i.e you want to retain the address of customer on Sales Order (when order was created).

This is not possible with Standard SAP.

As Raguraman said, Address comes from Customer Master data. So if you change the customer address now, All past sales order which was created to this customer has the updated address.

To resolve this issue and if you want to retain past address. you need to write a custom program, this program will look at CDHDR and CDPOS tables. look for your old vales and move this old values into a new created variable.

Also move your ADRNr into a new variable and use this w_adrnr. So that your address is frezzed and can"t change latter.

In simple terms, you have forced system to retain the adddress(w_ADRNR).

I wish this was helpful. Also Please note that this will be a very big and complex program. you need to take care of other partner functions like PAYER.

Thank You,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS note 749028.

chaitanya_deodhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Apart from change log in CDHDR and CDPOS tables,

you can have comparison on ADRNR ( address numbers) . The ADRNR form the ship to party ( Table KNA1- ADRNR) and one appearing in table VBPA shall differ in case the address has been changed in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The new address is appearing in the VBPA table, but how to establish that what was the prevoius address and who changed it, as we see in the change log the name of the person who changed it & time.

i want to establish that this was the original address in the sale sorder and this it was changed to,similar to the changes log in the environment TAB.

kindly update.

Regards

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i said earlier check the CDHDR and CDPOS tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

each sales order would have history.

I don't remember it right but it could be in 'Environment' menu and select 'changes' or 'history'.

You could see all changes made by users in this sales order.

chaitanya_deodhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

As soon as you change the address for any partner in sales order, the changes are recorded in table ADRC. ( Normal address table for business partners)

The path to get the change is,

Select table VBPA and for the document number (VBLEN) and item number (POSNR) get the address number ( ADRNR) for the ship to party (WE)

For header partners POSNR = null.

Now in the table ADRC with this ADRNR you can find the changed address for ship to party for the order.

I hope this helps.

Chait

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear kiran

Go to VA02, give the sale order and execute. Now click on "GotoHeaderPartners" and see what address is flowing.

If you would like to know the table, you can check in VBPA2.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Just go for header data of the sales order there u can find Partners tab, in that tab u can see address of the ship to party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in img-partner determination procedure- check you night be marked the unique check box for SH.

and finally cehck all the settings for PDP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To my knowledge, ship to party address comes from customer master .If u change the data in customer master,then when creating order,updated data will be from customer master

Raghu