cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Integration Process: "COMMUNICATION FAILURE" during JCo call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created a simple Integration Process were a loop occurs until a specific number of Idocs is reached. When it is done I am using a transformation (mapping almost all the fields one to one) for the Multiline Idoc so a new Idoc that contains all the info is created.

But some times I get error in the mapping step. At Monitoring I get "Message has error status in outbd. side" and clicking for more info I get the following error: <"COMMUNICATION FAILURE" during JCo call. opening an RFC connection.>.

After that any message that is delivered to the specific Int. Proc. is labelled as "Message scheduled on outbound side".

Any ideas of what is happening?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am waiting for a basis to check out of the maximum connection number as NS and sandeep sharma suggest but meanwhile I have added a delay to the BPM mapping since it's true that the specific time there are lot of incoming/outgoing messages (out of BPM). After that change no errors have been encountered but I will keep tracking it for few more days and let you know if comes up again or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vasilios Triadafillis

while you are calling IDOc you are using RFC

which uses JCO to communicate through gateway

in your case all your rfc connections are occupied abd your new connection is not opening

so your problem will be solved by increasing the no of maximum connection to a higher value (sap ecomends 300)

hope this may help you

Regards

sandeep

if helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly check if your Java stack is running with eventually SXMB_IFR and with tcode SICF.

Jco = Java Connector

Note that sometimes Java server of XI do an automatic stop/start, maybe it was the case when your flows were processed.

Regards

Mickael

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Apr 23, 2008 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

Java is up and running, note that the problem occured only to the specific messages while other types of messages (without Intgration Process) have been received and delivered without problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilios,

so it's not the Java server itself, it's certainly the RFC with IE.

and have you check this blog ?

/people/prashanth.azharuddin/blog/2006/11/24/some-errors-in-an-xi-production-environment

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

The specific error is mentioned in the blog but in my case is in outbound side not inbound but there is mentioned a transaction that I didn't knew, restarting the Workflow after error...