Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF generation in VC

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to develop a wizard-like application which ends generating a pdf non-interactive form (i.e. list of class students).

I would like to use as less coding as possible, so I'm using Visual Composer for the selection steps.

However the last step should provide the pdf generation and I actually don't know how to integrate these two technologies.

I know that WDP java provides Adobe Forms natively, but WDP integration with VC is somewhat hard and uncertain, as other sdn posts show, especially when flex is used.

Can anyone provide help, experiences or example with regard to pdf generation with Visual Composer?

Thanks

Point will be awarded

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

VINCENZO,

you can use guided procedures to tackle this issue.

you will include your VC model as a callable object in your process from which you will pass the relevant parameters to your PDF form which will also be included in the process as a callable object.

it could be as complex as you wish.

Regards,

Ahmed Salaj

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

that's exactly the point, I am really taking into account this solution. However I am afraid that user experience might be somehow negatively affected. I mean that a process should be explicitly started each time a user needs a certificate (role assignment, and so on).

Can I simply set things up so that users click a link and then immediately see the VC iview without any set up steps?

Thanks so much

Vincenzo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

VINCENZO,

You can use the ISR ( Internal Service request) under HR Processes and Forms, from your SAP ABAP System to build an Adobe form with the design you wish and have it filled according to the user parameters.

please refer to the following docementation

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/45/aaa760be880063e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed

thanks for your reply. I checked out the link you provided, but it seems that there's no direct way to request a pdf generation (such as webservice, bapi etc) from another application such a VC iview, it is rather a workflow infrastructure. Please correct me if I am understanding wrong and however thanks all the same

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

in addition to the comments of Chitre , make sure you copy the code first to Notepad. Then, re-arrange the code into 1 single line (remove all enters). If you don't do this, you may get error messages.

A detailed guide can be found here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb47...

Good luck!

Regards,

Sven

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your help but I have no BI server. Moreover I need to export something more complex than a simple table, I actually need to create an attendance certificate for employee courses.

any other suggestion?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Used the Web Design API to export to PDF..

1 Double click on the Output Table

and choose “Edit” on the toolbar

2 Specify this button as “Export to

PDF”, System Action=Hyperlink,

and then click Formula.

3 Add the below code in the formula.

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=PDF&BI_COMMAND_1-