cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errors in system connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!!!

I've created a new system definition that points to my R/3 system which holds the BAPIs i want to use in the VC. But when i test it via Connection Tests i get the following message.

I m new to EP and it's not quite easy for me to fix it..

Please help!!!

Thanx in advance!!!

SAP Web AS Connection

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Check the validity of the system ID in the system object

2. Check whether the system can be retrieved

3. Check whether a SAP system is defined in the system object

4. Validate the following parameters: WAS protocol; WAS host name

5. Check HTTP/S connectivity to the defined backend application

Results

1. The system ID is valid

2. Retrieval of the system was successful

3. The system object represents an SAP system

4. The following parameters are valid: Web AS Protocol (https) Web AS Host Name (poseidon.ebeth.local:50000)

5. HTTP/S connection failed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also go through my weblog:

[How-to create a portal system for using it in Visual Composer|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please follow th step by step process below

This describes how to connect an SAP R/3 system to SAP NetWeaver Portal using an iView

1) Go to System Administration

2) Go to System Configuration

3) Go to Portal Content (Right Side Panel), open that folder.

4) Right Click on Portal Content, a Panel is displayed select "System (from Template)".

5) That will display a new view on right side, now select "SAP system using dedicated application server" from

the existing templates. (Other templates are possible - for example, load balanced or through a SAProuter connection string).

For this exercise, we'll use the simplest type.

6) Choose next

7) Give the System Name and System Id (which are mandatory fields) incase you want to give any brief notes

about the system then give them in the "Description" field.

😎 Open the Newly Created System.

9) Now when you want to create a New System, you have to fill four Properties they are:

"Connector" - contains basic connectivty details

"Internet transaction Server (ITS) - if you wish to use SAPGUI for HTML and/or IACs",

"Web Application Server" - if you wish to access BSPs and/or Web Dynpro for ABAP and

"User Management".

You also need at least one "System Alias" has to be defined from the Display drop down menu.

Make sure you have set end user access in the Permissions drop down menu to all users who need to access the system

10) Select "Connector" property, now fill the required fields such as:

a) Application Host (should be fully qualified hostname) - Give the R/3 "Application Name",

which can be obtained from the SAP Logon Pad (check what R/3 system you are using, right click on it , go to the properties,

it will open a window which has the Application Server Name.

b) Logical System Name - Give the logical name as defined in the backend system

c) SAP Client - Check the Client in the backend system and give the appropriate number (3 digits)

d) SAP System ID(SID)* - Check the R/3 properties and give the check for System ID

e) System Type* - Since we are connecting to R/3, select SAP_R3 system.

f) System Number - This is a two digit number that you can find in the SAP Logon Pad

11) Select "Internet transaction Server (ITS)" property, now fill the required fields like

a) ITS Description à Give some Description

b) ITS Host Name - Same as "Application Host" of R/3 (when integrated ITS) and should be attached with the

port number of ITS Server (to get port number detailed description is given below). ex: hostname : port number

c) ITS Path - To get the path along with the port number you have to Log on to R/3 system. Use the

Transaction Code "SICF", it opens a new window go to:

default_host -> sap -> bc -> gui -> sap -> its -> webgui -> SAP GUI for HTML -> right click on

that and click "Test Service'. This will open a new window, on the address bar you will find the "port number", and

the path something like (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui). Use the path after the port number.

d) ITS Protocol - There are two protocols "http" & "https", select the appropriate protocol which is

visible when you opened "Test Service" window.

12) Select "Web Application Server" property , now fill the required fields like

a) Web AS Description -> Give some Description

b) Web AS Host Name - same as ITS Host Name

c) Web AS Path - usually /sap/bc/bsp/sapd)*

Web AS Protocol - should be same as the ITS Protocol.

13) Select "User Management" property, now fill the required fields like

a) Authentication Ticket Type - Since we are not using SSO leave the field

empty i.e. put in select mode. (Please note that longer term you will probably want to use SSO)

b) Logon Method - Select UIDPW.

c) User Mapping Type - In case you have administration rights then you choose "admin" or in case you

just have user rights then choose "user", better go for "admin/user".

14) Since all the required fields are filled appropriately now create a System Alias name, this can be done by following steps:

a) go to Display -> Select "System Aliases" give some Alias Name, let's call it "SAP_R/3"

and check in VC

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select property category Web AS from category list

Choose foll options

Web AS Protocol : http

Web AS Host Name : <back end server name you are connecting to:portnumber>

Web AS Path : /sap/bw/bex (i think this is the part which u are missing)

Mandeep Virk

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iria,

You're testing the wrong test. VC connects to an R/3 system using RFC. This means that you should configure the portal R/3 system on the "Connectot" choice of the drop down list of the system.

For information about creating systems and aliases, see the Portal Administration Guide on SAP Help Portal at help.sap.com/nw70 &#8594; SAP Library &#8594; SAP NetWeaver Library&#8594; SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability &#8594; People Integration by Key Capability &#8594; Portal &#8594; Portal Administration Guide &#8594; System Administration &#8594; System Configuration &#8594; System Landscape &#8594; Creating Systems.

Map users with VC Role to a user with read permissions to the required back-end system.

Regards,

Natty