Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Customizing button from F1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,,

I created a role restricitng SPRO in Authorization object S_TCODE to all the end users from adopting SAP_ALL

but

when working with system when the users go for F1 help they could navigate again to SPRO through customizing button from help displayed screen.(Not in every F1 screen).

Example - mm02 when changing material --- Ext. Matl Group

How to disable that Customizing button.

Would be able to provide a brief description if some one would be able to get my issue.

-Rahul

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as the users have a roles based on SAP_ALL then they will be able to perform customising. Many SPRO nodes are linked to transactions - often starting with O*

As that customising button is in lots of screens, a screen variant won't work as you will have to do lots of them. Ultimately it comes down to creating proper roles for them which only contain the transactions & auths they need. You have taken 1 tx out of SAP all, which leaves over 25000 other transactions, most of which they do not need to access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to restrict customizing button from F1 Help can you plz help me.

Regards,

venkat

0 Kudos

Can you please give the answer clearly.

venkat

0 Kudos

>

> Can you please give the answer clearly.

>

> venkat

Hi Venkat

Build a role with no access to customising from a transactional or authorisation basis. This will stop users accessing customising which ever way they try to do it.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Can you give the procedure plz..

Thanks,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex & all,

Im trying to reconstruct the thread in a simplified way.

I have created a new role with few T-codes that is

MM01

MM02

MM03

MM04

MMAM

MM06

ME51N

ME52

ME53

ME5A

ME5K

ME96

MELB

ME54 & given full authorizations.

Again its the same problem with F1 like i explained in my previous postings.What exactly needs to be disabled.

when working with system when the users go for F1 help they could navigate again to SPRO through customizing button from help displayed screen.(Not in every F1 screen).

Example - mm02 when changing material --- Ext. Matl Group

How to disable that Customizing button.

--Rahul

0 Kudos

I've tried this & can't replicate it unfortunately. Just hangs for me with a basic user with MM02

It might be worth raising an OSS call with SAP if you are having problems, I've checked OSS notes & can't find any reference to it.