Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI warning messages on to client.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We came up with a problem in MI, can somebody help us...?

We are using MAM3.0 on MI2.5SP21, the problem is that user creates some documents on the device, due to some reason it didn't reach the R/3 and displays a warning message in MI (Merep_Mon).

Here neither the user knows that his data has not reached R/3, not it shows a error log for warnings in MI. Also since it is not in error log, this data can not be reprocessed on the client.

So is there a way to send the warning logs also to the MI client for display from MI.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konchada,

1. Without enhancements there is no way that data change can be reprocessed from the device. Reason is very simple: when data change request is rejected for whatever reason (conflict, BAPI error), backend version of data replaces device version (and all changes are lost on the device). This archtiecture can be critisised but what to do depends on application and particular scenario. It can only be reprocessed from the middlware. You will need to make enhancements to actually intercept middleware response and do not replace data with backend version on the device, whcih is possible (but then you have to start thinking how to resolve real conflict, ect.).

2. When BAPI returns a proper error it is propagated to the error log on the device. MI problems are not sent to the device.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

I understand that for Consistancy that data is deleted from the device and on error it will sit in middleware , where you can reprocess this data after fixing the data problem.

My problem here is

The middle ware inbound process shows no errors, so we expect that data reached in backed but which is not, neither its in MI client device. when we check log for this particular item in middleware indound process, it's warning. Since its in waring state we cannot reprocess the data.

So when the message is warning either the user knows that there is a problem looking on device, nor the MI monitoring person knows that there is a warning untill he navigates to each individual log. and infact nobody from R/3 knows that there was a data change attempt failed.

So here if the warning messages are highlited in the MI monitor at the In & out bound sequence status it self similar to errors, then at least the MI monitoring person will be aware of the problems with out navigating to each individual item log.

As a whole is there a config setting to show the warning and alert items at the record sequnece status screen itself similar to errors.

If you need further explanation of the problem, please inform me..

Thanks & regards,

Sai krishna.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I had this problem several times as well. Only thing helped was to have a look into the data on the middleare and got this data corrected. Most likely I had to enter the data directly in the hanlder on the backend, to get the correct warning message and then I was able to solve the issue on the client by adapting the screen and add some additional checks.

Would be nice if someone has another solution for that - but most likely these problems show up cause user customizing on the backend has problems with delivered data cause it wants more fields that the standard. In that case - as I said - just adapt the client and add additional checks there as well.

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

you are right thats the exact problem, R/3 is comprised of several configurations, customization and enhancements. we cannot implement all the verification in the MI client untill we know the client systems configuration for all these years. Also it will include additional code and data flow changes to the devices to implement checks.

To my requirement as explained in the post to Larissa, if we could high light alert & warning messages at the process sequence status level itself it wud suffice.

Regards,

Sai krishna.K

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If the update has not reached the backend, it should be an error and cannot be warning. Can you describe what the exact message you are getting.

If the message is from Bapi Wrapper, the return code needs to be changed to type Error. This should be a bug and needs to be fixed..

Also for your information, MI does sent all the messages to client (includign success, info, warning, error etc). You can see this in the outbox (merep_mon). Its up to the application to handle the messages. MAM application displays only error. You can enhance the app to displays all messages.

Regards

Ajith

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

It seems the warning message is sent from R/3.

One of such example is, A user created a time confirmation with wrong personnel ID which raised a warning (and this should be a message sent by R/3).

Another is that A user create a Time confirmation to an operation and there is a warning message from R/3 saying that <b> Operation 010 with sequence 0 cannot be confirmed. </b> (may be this is depending up on some R/3 Config but its not seen any where unless we dig into each log).

If we can display all messages from MI in client where exactly we need to look for a code change. This might resolve most part of the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, all you would get on the client is max. the message you have on the middleaar already - and this would mean you are at the same point and you confuse the business people more then you will help them.

In my understanding you need to find out first, why on earth you got this message in the middleware. And this is due to the fact - most likely - that you did a custom enhancement in that process on the backend if someone does the same steps in R/3 SAP GUI directly on backend system. So my advice would be to take the data that causes the error, enter this into the related CREATE handler of the BO in the backend and execute it. Most likely you will get the error message there that will elp you. Then adapt either your client or your enhancement on the backend. At the moment you blame most likely the wrong part. If you have a clean R/3 backend, this error will most likely not show up. Cause you have done a user enhancement, this is not available on the device and so you get this ewarning message. Well, what I do not understand is, why a warning message stops the itm from getting processed - in that case it should be an error message and this would show up on the MI client. Anyway, I think it is your enhancement that throws this warning message and stops the process. So it isnot MI or xMAM that has an issue here really - it is the enhancement you need to have a look at in the backend.

Hope that helps to get you a step forward.

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

What you said is very much true, also the difference we found is the same process in GSAP front end giving a wrong personal ID is giving an error message, but if we do the same thing from device it is getting a warning message from r/3 and not allowing to go further.

and since its in warning state we cannot reprocess that data and as a whole it being called as a bad solution as its losing its data especially financial...

So if we could find a way to reprocess these warning messages it will suffice that atleast once can change the warning part of data and reprocess it, thus data is not lost.

We came to know that there is a way to reprocess warning messages too but couldn't find that in SAP world yet.

Regards,

Sai krishna.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my understanding you need to change your warning message on the backend. Check by SY-xxxx if the call comes form the UI or a mobile device. If it comes from a mobile device then change either the data create screen on the client - so you have the requested information by default - or you need to change the warning message in that case so the thing goes through and perhaps somene is informed about it. There is no way in my understanding to get htis information down to the client if it is only a warning. Especially warning: most likely you show this message and the user can say: continue anyway -- in that case I would yjust allow mobile users to do this step always.

Errors can be shown on the mobile device - warning messages - not that I know.

Hop this helps!

Regards,

Oliver