cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wht is Message system and XI Aapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've came across a scenario /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi which explains "message flow in XI".

Q1. my question is under "RETURN JOURNEY" section in Point 1. the author is saying "So the XI Integration server will send the message to the messaging system of the Adapter Engine (AE)" i want to know what is message system and its purpose? will it store converted messages.

Q2. wht does an XI Adapter do and wht is the purpose of using it?

need explanations not any references to SAP Help

thanks

Faisal

points will b rewarded for useful answers.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q1. my question is under "RETURN JOURNEY" section in Point 1. the author is saying "So the XI Integration server will send the message to the messaging system of the Adapter Engine (AE)" i want to know what is message system and its purpose? will it store converted messages

Here Messaging System means evevry Processed message Should get through into Messaging System of AE before Delivering to Target Application.

In Messaging System we can see the delivered Messages and to be deliver messages.

If the channel is inactive , it will error out in Integration Engine itself, so u can restart those messages manually.

Also, lets say the receiver system is not reachable(example JDBC), then what happens? You can find those messages in

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp . In the window left frame choose Received Messages , in the right frame choose Status Not Delivered. Change the time frame and click tab(there is no enter) , u can find list of messages. Now for each message u can find two options Delete, Re-Deliver ,click on Re-Deliver the message, it will go thru.

Here if u observe first message pick up by Sender CC get through AE. Then the converted XML message will be delivered to IE for further process

Here we use XI Adapter to Communicate IE with IS internally.

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for wonderful explanations.......i've given points based upon the content provided by each of you......

Regards

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

So the XI Integration server will send the message to the messaging system of the Adapter Engine (AE)" i want to know what is message system and its purpose? will it store converted messages.

after receiving message from integration server, messaging system transfers it to appropriate Adapter Module now it is the duty of adapter module to transfer the data according to the required format (depending upon the adapter type)

for your second answer XI Adapter is used to communicate with PCK

and other SAP products using XI protocol.

hope this has cleared you about messaging system

Regards

sandeep

if helpful reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1. my question is under "RETURN JOURNEY" section in Point 1. the author is saying "So the XI Integration server will send the message to the messaging system of the Adapter Engine (AE)" i want to know what is message system and its purpose? will it store converted messages.

Here messaging system is the system to store the messages which are coming from Integration Server and which are to be delivered to the Integration Server ie Queue system (Ex :MQ Series ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Q1. my question is under "RETURN JOURNEY" section in Point 1. the author is saying "So the XI Integration server will send the message to the messaging system of the Adapter Engine (AE)" i want to know what is message system and its purpose? will it store converted messages.

Adapter Engine is a container for all the adapters. Messaging system converts the message to specific native protocol and will route the messages to particular adapter

> Q2. What does an XI Adapter do and what is the purpose of using it?

XI adapter is used for communication among different SAP products which can understand XI protocol.

It can be used for------>

Communication with PCK

Communication between two XI servers

Communication through proxies.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Adapter Engine is a container for all the adapters. Messaging system converts the message to specific native protocol and will route the messages to particular adapter

Message system cannot convert the message to other protocols format.It just stores the messages before delivery to the IS or the target system.

Sekhar D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sekhar,

I wrote Message system instead of Adapter Engine . My mistake

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem.

But his question is about Messaging System....)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abdul,

I am not sure about Messaging System.

XI Adapter is used to communicate with PCK

and other SAP products using XI protocol.

If u are using Java Proxies or ABAP proxies as

a mode of communication between different system,

you use XI adapter.

The below URL gives you detail about XI adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

need explanations not any references to SAP Help

Don't say like that ..most of the times SAP Help only gives 100% explainations.

BestRegards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanx for the repsonse...........wht i found most of the time is SAP Help is some what difficult to understand

Thanx

Faisal