cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a Fork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have designed a BPM in such a way that the 3 idocs are received by the FORK with matnr as corelation.

The design requires that if atleast 1 idoc comes, the Fork will have to close after a waiting period of 1 minute.

To achieve this 1 added a deadline and a Container operation inside the deadline in the block.

the container operation updates a container variable. This variable is then used in the FORK for endcondition.

When viewing the workflow , I see that the deadline is reached , the contol operation writes the variable .

However this variable when set thru the container operation is not acting as endcondition for the FORK.

How do i achive the endcondition in the FORK after a waiting period of 1 minute. the Fork should close and the next step after the block ie transformtion should be executed.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

What i suggest is to use three wait steps in each of the fork branch and then a container step. The wait step will wait for 1 minute and the container step will increment the value of a container variable. Just check this variable in the End condition of the fork.

So initially <u>count = 0</u>

Fork Start -- Receive1 -- wait (1 min) -- container (say count =1) --Fork End (based on condition whether <u>count == 1</u>)

I think this shld work.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

Thumps up. Thank you.

Answers (0)