cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport project (tcode SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I would like to transport a project from one SAP Solution Manager to another one.

In tcode SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN I detected the buton "transport project".

As a result the appropriate transport request will be created.

If I try to release them (tcode SE03) directly the warning "specify a transport target" appears.

How to proceed in this case?

Should the transport route in STMS to the sesond SOLMAN exist?

Thank you

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure if i got you right but it depends on your system landscape.

If you want to transport from your Sol Man DEV to your Sol Man QA or PRD then the transport routes in STMS should be configured since you might want to not only transport the project but other things like customizing settings, too.

If it is just another Sol Man you also might export to a virtual system, copy the exported transport on file system level to transdir (data/cofiles) of the target Sol Man and add transport to buffer via STMS.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

I would like to transport the request to an external SOLMAN, so this will apply, I suppose:

> If it is just another Sol Man you also might export to a virtual system, copy the exported transport on file

> system level to transdir (data/cofiles) of the target Sol Man and add transport to buffer via STMS.

Could please describe in more technical details how to execute your option?

Thank you!

regards

Thom

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your Sol Man is a single system and not connected to other systems via transport routes you might follow these steps:

Logon to SAP Domain Controller Client 000

TX: STMS --> Menu: SAP Systems --> Create --> Virtual System (enter a Dummy SID e.g. DMY)

Jump one screen back --> Transport Routes --> switch to edit mode --> Menu: Configuration --> Standard Configuration --> Developement and Production System --> Enter DEV System (Sol Man 1), enter Prod System (DMY)

Save and distribute configuration

Logon to Sol Man 1:

TX: SE10, search for your transport request and change the properties. Enter target DMY.

Release task and transport request.

Files will be exported to your file system in /usr/sap/trans/data and ../cofiles

Copy files to appropriate directories on target machine (and adjust file permissions if necessary)

Logon to Sol Man 2 :

TX: STMS --> Import Queue --> SID Sol Man 2 --> Menu: Extras --> Other Requests --> Add (Enter your transport request)

Select your request in Queue and "import single" to your Sol Man 2 production client (the client you want to use the project in)

Hope this helps.

/cheers

Answers (0)