cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User has no RFC authorization for function group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am calling a new function module from the WebDynpro Java that is causing an issue that User has no RFC authorization for function group. if the user doesn’t have proper authorization like SE37 Transactions Code and others.

But there is some more existing function module in the same application that is working fine without having above issues with same access.

I am passing the USERID as input in the function Module and execute simply.

So can you please tell me the Way to handle it?

I will really appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rali

Please check and execute RFC function module at R/3 side with the user ID and pwd given at the Time of configuring JCO destinations.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

This is also not helped me much.

Now I hardcoded the Input parameters of Function Module and errors has changed now to

Connection closed without message (CM_NO_DATA_RECEIVED), error key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION . and if i login with the user which has "SAP_ALL" access profile then working fine without any issue.

Just tell me, If portal login user don't have SAP all authorizations "SAP_ALL" access profile to the id can he able to execute the Function module/BAPI using the WebDynpro Java code. if yes, then how?

i believe this is the reason. what do you think?

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The R/3 user to which the JCo destinations have been mapped need to have "S_RFC" authorization object in his profile.

Here's more about [S_RFC|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/60/305140c770cd01e10000000a155106/content.htm] authorization object.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

I think,there is problem with ur JCO connection..

Please check the following steps -

1. Go to transaction SM59.

2. Choose Create.

3. Enter the following:

RFC destination: SAPSLDAPI

Connection type: T (Start an external program via TCP/IP).

4. Choose Enter.

5. Choose Technical settings and specify the following data:

a. Select Registered Server Program as the activation type.

b. Enter the program ID of the SAP J2EE Engine that acts as the RFC server. Enter SAPSLD_xyz (xyz is the SID of SAP J2EE Engine Server.)

c. Enter the gateway host and the gateway service of R/3 server

d. If the system is a Unicode system, navigate to Special Options and select the option

Non-Unicode or Unicode in the section Character Width in Target System according to the gateway

server.

6. Save your entries.

Now

1. Go transaction SLDAPICUST.

2. Switch to editing mode and choose Insert Row. Specify the connection parameters of the J2ee server ,

Host name, port Number, user and password - and set this SLD server as Primary.

Only the entry marked as Primary is active.

Please check whether there is entryof r/3 server in the j2ee server /etc/services folder.If no entry is there then add -

R/3server port/TCP

in the service file.

Please check the r/3server service folder and host folder - do they have entry of java server, if no add the entry in the same way as done above for j2ee server.

Also check the Group ,that u have entered for r/3 server in SLD exist in R/3 server or not if not add it....

I hope this will help you ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Gunja

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Apr 26, 2008 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit.

Wow, that's great... I able to resolve my issue by this.

Thank you very much to all for your reply, I really learnt a lot from you.

My issue has been resolved successfully...

Thanks & Best Regards.

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.A,

How do you resolved this issue?

Best Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rali,

This authorization check is made when you are calling RFC through JCo connection. Check whether your JCo is configured with the user ID with appropriate authorization. If SSO is configured for your Portal check Portal logged in user has sufficient authorization.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri/Jhansi,

I already maintained the same Logical System Name for modeldata and metadata for new Model which also using the existing model. So that way I didn’t create new JCO connection instead of using the old JCO. I checked SSO and Users are same and has proper authorization. In a single application only my Function Module is not working but rest of the things working fine.

Hey I am reading the User id from the webdynpro code and passing to this function module. So is that a problem.

Any more hints...

thanks

Ali

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"userid" as parameter to the function is like any other parameter.

Navigate to http:<host>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome

Go to JCO destination and check the user for the modeldata

Omri