cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Project Creation - SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to tcode SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and created a project called ZTEST. Internally there is a tab IMG project from where i created a project named ZTEST for development system.

Questions:

1) Is the project created from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN is a SMI project ?

2) IMG project created is what we are seeing in SPRO_ADMIN of solution manager .. is this right or is it the one creating in development system SPRO ?

3) Where can we can see the CTS project created for the SM1 or IMG project ?

4) Also do we need to create IMG project from SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for the quality and production system type also ? or required only for development system ? if so what is the reason ?

5) I tried one project creating IMG project for quality and production but the project is not creating, but if i doonly for development system it is creating ok and maintenance cycle underneath it is creating... Any idea why ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible you need to:

1) Create at TMS level (Transport Routes) a Transport Target Group in the Satellite Domain. In the TTG you have to define your QA, DEV120 and DEVX system so the transport requests will go to those queues when you release them.

2) In Solman you have to create a Logical Component like this:

DEV(Source System)->QA(Target System)->DEV120(Target System)->DEVX(Target System)->PRD(Production System)

you will have to create 2 additional System Roles for the 2 extra QA systems, then assign this logical component to your project and create the Task List.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try your suggestion and get back to you

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as this work has been completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frnds,

i have created one project and when i open that project i am not able to see any business processes assigned to that project. Please guide me on how to create a project and assign the business processes. I want to do that test plan creation so that i need this. If any one have the step by step guid on hoe to create the project, test case and test plan please share with me . If any one know any information please share with me.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normaly a SMI Project controls one IMG Project in a Satellite System, the IMG Project can have one and only one CTS Project per client of the Satellite DEV system. Basically ChaRM uses the CTS Project to group and control transport requests.

Regarding your question, when you modify the logical component of a SMI Project the Task List does not ajust automatically to the change, in your particular case you have to add manually the PRD system to the Task List. I recommend you to avoid the practice of adding o removing systems from your Task List.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply and understood the concept. We will make sure we wont alter the task list. Also is it possible to have scenario like if i release in DEV100 and while it is going to the queue of QRD200 it should also go to DEV200 (other clients of DEV) and also to DRX100 (another landscape dev system client) ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1) Yes, it is a SMI project.

2) The IMG project created is in your developement system

3) Either in SPRO_ADMIN of Dev system --> your project --> tab: transport requests or SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN in Solution Manager --> your project --> System Landscape --> Change Requests

4) IMG project is created in Dev system only

5)

Hope this helps.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

So if understood correct, basically only one IMG project needs to be created that too for Dev System. Also this is the stage CTS project also got created is it correct ? which again means only one CTS project overall per SMI project.

One more question which i missed earlier:

A SMI project created with only Dev and QA in the landscape and some reqs has been assigned to it and may or may not imported some of them to QA also, later i created a Prod system and made the logical component to configure for the same and it got reflected in the SMI project also. But if i go to scheduler it is not showing the PRD system, is it something to be done manually ?

Thanks,

Murali.