cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change plug to interface controller in Netweaver 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

We are moving to Netweaver 7.1 . Current my webdynpro application is hvng plug firing through interface controller . I hv read tht in 7.1 interface controller is abstract so tht we cnt fire plug from interface controller. I want to know how my my application ging to work in 7.1 Also where i need to make changes in case of firing plug in interface controller. Please also send me links on this topic.Thnx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you Click Interface Controller only Controller Editor will Open , here you will find four tabs.Click methods Tab declare the method you want here.

when you save you will getting build errors , now go to the Component Controller --> click methods tab --> declare the same methods as you did in the Interface Controller and save the Meta data . now there will no build errors .

go to the Component Controller.java and use the methods which you have declared and implement the functionality.

hope your problem get resolved

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

does that mean i need to change code whereever i m using plug to interface controler for communicating between two webdynpro components within same webdunpro DC?????

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not clear with ur requirements

please follow this link which talks about the Exchange of data between two different Component present in the Same Application.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

thanks and regards

Fistae

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please refer this thread for ur Query

[;

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Move the code from interface controller to either custom controller or component controller

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

but we are communication between tewo different web dynpro components within same DC. how cn i communicate using component controller or custom controller???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Specify the method signature in interface controller and implement this in component controller.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kavita,

There is no problem for fire plugs .in you application. As 7.1 supports backward compatibility.

If you want to migrate your application then you need to take care whatever coding you have done in interface controller.

and as plugs are defined in interface view controller. when migrating it will be converted according to new 7.1 structure.

please refer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99...