cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the data from SAP xMII to SAP R/3 using IDOCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me how to get the data from SAP xMII to SAP R/3 using IDOCs.

Right now we are getting the data using BAPI. But we want to replace this procedure with IDOCs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the template examples on the SDN Downloads section of this website? Look under the 'for Manufacturing' section.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I am also looking for a way to send an IDoc from MII to ERP (WMTORD in this case).

I have browsed through the templates, but only found a trigger call for LOIPRO and similar IDoc types (calling the CLOI_DOWNLOAD_TRIGGER_TRANS).

Does anyone has an example of sending an IDoc from MII to SAP?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe the IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS can be used, it can be configured like any other RFC in MII. I will try this.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys;

I like to share the details which i have done in my xMII project,for receiving Idoc's from xMII & then reading it in SAP, we have created a folder in SAP where the xMII will post its data in xml format.(this format will contain the details available in the message types) from here SAP will update the necessary tables by a background scheduled job.

Thanks;

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to send IDocs from MII to ERP you can use IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS with the JCo interface.

SAP gives an example on how to fill the two input tables of IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS in the following help document:

[Data Formatting for IDoc send|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/52/16ac2a543311d1891c0000e8322f96/content.htm]

IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS uses two input tables:

EDI_DC40 - control structure

EDI_DD40 - data structure

You can enter the input of the fields in EDI_DC40 and EDI_DD40 using the link editor, with one exception. You have to enter data in field EDI_DD40_SDATA as a string, concatenating the values of the fields in the IDoc segment you want to send.

Example: IDoc segment E2LTORH, fields

LGNUM - D40

TANUM - <empty, length=10>

BWLVS - 944

SDATA would be "D40<10 blanks>944".

Best Regards

Michael

Answers (0)