cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of .jar in .rar in .ear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, was wondering what is the difference between deploying using NetWeaver and using Deployment Tool? Secondly, when I tried deploying using Deplyment tool of my .rar file within an .ear file, I got this error

ERROR: Not deployed. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/MyProgram..

Reason: Cannot access methods of instance of class "com.xxx.spi.AdapterManagedConnectionFactory". Possible reasons: the class is not public and is in another package, the current method does not have access to the appropriate zero-argument constructor or there is no such method.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseDeploymentException: Cannot access methods of instance of class "com.doterp.jca.sap.spi.AdapterManagedConnectionFactory". Possible reasons: the class is not public and is in another package, the current method does not have access to the appropriate zero-argument constructor or there is no such method.

The deployed class does have a zero-argument constructor, so what else am I missing here? Thanks.

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

the deployment tool is just an old relic that we could not get rid of as it does some things that the other tools don't do. Especially deploy .rar files for example.

I recommend doing it like described in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/images/locate.gif">manuals</a>

Hope that helps,

Benny