Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Friends

I have a doubt on payment terms ie we have a payment terms in both header level and item level ok , so i can maintain differant payment terms for both , if i maintain what is impact on billing how billing is going to be carried out and what is the purpose of mainatining at header and item level.

Thanks is advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The details available at item level are populated only from the header level detail in this case.

Always the payment terms is populated in sales order from the Sold to party masterdata. This value is updated in the header level

During addition of items to the order, some of teh values from the header are copied to the item, payment terms being one of them. I dont know whether the automatically updated payment terms can be changed manually at the item level.

If changeable, this will have implications during billing split, for different payment terms, different billing documents will be created.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha Krishnan

Thanks for ur reply

system automatically detrmines payment terms at item level also if we maintain., no need to change manually at item llevel ,

my doubt is what is the impact on billing , hw it is going to be carreied out.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the payment terms are different for different items, then the invoice document will also be different.

i.e. You cannot have one invoice document with two different payment terms.

Hope the answer is clear. Pls lemme know if you need some more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

"Payment" Terms is normally a header data.So, if you maitain different payment terms at header and item, the only effect is the "invoice split".

Regards,

Raghav

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply

I got the solution

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

You need to award points also!!!!