cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a webservice out of EJB, now we have changed the signature of a method in EJB .. now if i have to recreate a webservice .. how do i do .. Do i have to delete the webservice and recreate .. or is there any way to recreate the webservice with out deleting it.

Regards,

Raji.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In most of the cases you need not recreate the Web Service.

You will ahve to edit the Web Service Configuration, i.e Remove the operation , and add the one with Updated signature. Once done with these, check out the Virtual Interface and Web Service Definition for the corresponding update.

If this updation does not work, then you will have to apply the steps for deletion and Recreation of the Web Service. The important point here will be Deployment of the EAR after the deletion of the Web Service, because, sometimes, Deletion and Recreation in single Deployment step may give unseen problems.

Regards,

Alka.

Edited by: Alka Panday on Apr 23, 2008 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

Thanks for your reply . Can you please tell me form where i need to remove the existing operation and add the new one with updated signature ..

I went to Web Services Configurations --> Under the Config1 --> I went to Advanced option there i could see all my operations but i dont have opetion to remove the operation ( the Add / Remove buttons are only enabled when i select Config1 or the whole configuration it self .Can you please tell me how to add the opetaion with updated signature .

Currently my operation takes a class as input and it returns a class so i dont really change the signature of the method but i will just add a new Get / Set and a variable to the class .. but if i just add to the class and deploy the webservice the WSDL file is not reflecting the changes .. so can you please tell me what else should i do in order for my WSDL file to reflect the changes in the class.

Regards,

Rajii.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

About deleting the operation from Web Service Configuration, yes, Remove is to be used, Select the Service Name (Node above Config) and click Remove. For Adding new, First add it in the Web Service Definition, and then in Configuration.

Yes, you are right in saying, the input and output are some classes which have not been changed.

But, what is a class, its definition is the Member Variables and its Memeber Functions.

If you have modified them, then certainly the CLASS has been updated.

And, hence, we need to update the particular operation in the Web Service too.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Alka.