cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change line item numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

when we are creating sales order, if we enter material number, line item number will be autmaticallly assigned(for eg 10,20,30 ....). if i want to change that number what i have to do(eg: to 1, 4, 5, .....). in standard SAP, the field is grayed out once the no is assigned. so i dont know how to change the no. please help me in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can change the item no increment in sales document type. but my question is if i use 10, 20, 30 (normally)....and some times i want to change 10,15,35 while creating sales order ....(remeber sometimes only not every time.) how do we do it??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can give any number manually as the line item when you are creating the sales order.

While creating the order give the item number also manually, then the system will accept. Once you given the line item number , it will not allow you to change it.

Then you need to delete the line item and re-insert with the line item number you want.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only reason i think is that system is automatically generating line numbers by control settings and code in the program.

The option is inserting a new line and input a line number of your requirement.

You try this and check if it works ( I am not in front of SAP system, so i am asking you to check)

Go to VOV8 and make field blank in Item no increment.

Now try to create a sales order and see if system allows you make changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is effectively controlled in the sales document type configuration. For each docuemtn type we can set the item increment.

Go to SPRO --> Sales and distriution --> Sales ---> Sales documents ---> Sales Document Header ---> Define Sales Document Types ---> Select the document type ---> check the number in item number ---> Set the item number Increment to 01.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction VOV8.

Look at the Item no increment field. By default it is set to 10.

In this case, the items in the sales order increase in increments of 10.

Change here to 1 if you have want increments in 1.

But, this is not advisable since items can also have sub items and in case you indicate increments in 1, then you would be in a situation where sub items also increment in 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO > Sales > Sales Documents > Sales Document Header > Define Sales Document Types > Select your document type > under number systems >> Change Item Number Increment to 1.

Hope this helps