Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I have installed the SMD agent on my BI 7 system (ABAP+JAVA) on windows\sql

2) I have added the system and configured RFC in SMSY

3) Created solution

4) i can see the solution if i go to "diagnostic setup", "managed system"

5) when i click on the solution and click NEXT, it gives the below error :

"The contents of at least one solution could not be retrieved from Solution Manager, or could not be uploaded to Diagnostics DB

[smdhost.domain com]->[HOSTNAME1] : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Warnings occured during Initial Upload : XML Template parsing gen

erated warnings

Tue Apr 22 15:12:55 CDT 2008 | storeHost(...):Host [][HOSTNAME1][10.111.122.220][null]:Cannot insert/update the ho[...] (RC=2)

Do you still want to proceed to next step ?"

The only option is ignore or cancel. if i ignore i go to the next step but done see my BI 7 system!!! Have any1 faced this issue before?

Will award points for useful tips/replies

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Jim, please verify that in SMSY, you use the FQDN for each of your servers in your SMD solution. This helped me when faced with the same problem.

--chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I think you have to check your solution definition in SMSY.

check if the main role of the logical component is different from that of the included systems.

check if u have created and assigned the proper components for the JAVA part and not included it into SAP components in SMSY.

also check if the RFC is working. not needed if using SLD.

If u r on SP 13 level i have seen that the SMD has to take the solutions automatically , but i still had to publish the solutions from solman, try this as a last resort.

Please feel free to discuss this ...

Regards,

Kaustubh.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the affected system in the solution? I mean, did you assign the Java instance to the ABAP system?

Markus