cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SP Stack to apply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, we have installed ERP 2005 on Netweaver 7.0 with ABAP+Java unicode on X64 Windows. What SP Stack am I suppose to apply to the system? ERP 2005 SP Stack 12 or Netweaver 7.0 SP Stack 15.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update ERP Stack... it includes the total support packages required for your installation...ERP installation.

if you apply this stack all the underlying components including the Netweaver gets upgraded.

if you download a stack for a usage type... it will patch the underlying NW also. ...

Have you noticed the components that you get when you download the stack... !

Note : It wont update NW components if you have installed EP, PI or something else on the same system which shaji mentioned as NW components.. In this scenario you would require to download the SP Stacks for them..besides ERP Stack.

but for your scenario only ERP stack will upgrade the complete system .. as you have only ERP insalled.

Edited by: Mrutyunjay Rao Dora on May 22, 2008 10:05 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys, that was very helpful.

One more question though. Is there a document that articulates an answer to this issue?

I would like to point my business manager to it.

Thanks

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/sp-stacks

there you can find what SAP Recommends..

Cut from market place

This SP Stack will contain the optimal combination of Support Package and patch statuses for the individual components at the given time.

The SP Stacks are sets of Support Packages and patches for the respective product version that must be used in the given combination. SAP recommends regular application of these SP Stacks.

Stack is delivered for a a product like

ERP,PI,EP,CRM, .. etc.

Stack is collection of support packges which are recommended by SAP... that we can be put together.

They upgrade the total product to a recommended level...

Hope it helps.

Edited by: Mrutyunjay Rao Dora on May 23, 2008 4:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

im sory to post in this old thread. but i want really to know how can i check the SP Stack that i have in my system. I dont know where to check it. This what i get from System > Status : Sap System Data

Component version: SAP ECC 6.0

SAP_ABA : SAPKA70021

SAP_BASIS: SAPKB70021

PI_BASIS: SAPKIPYJ7L

SAP_BW: SAPKW70023

SAP_AP: SAPKNA7019

SAP_APPL : SAPKH60306

What i know that i have:

SAP Netweaver 7.0 SP21

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP3.

I go to help.sap.com and found :

1.SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) Support Package Stack 21

2.SAP enhancement package 3, SP05, for SAP ERP 6.0, incl. SPS 16

3.SAP enhancement package 3, SP04, for SAP ERP 6.0, incl. SPS 15

I dont know which level of SP Stack of my system. btw, i check in service.sap.com/sp-stacks and it required for

1.Start SP Stack

2.Target SP Stack

when i click on SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP ERP 2005). How can i figureout the SP Stack that i need to select.

Thank you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

anybody can help me about this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muhamad

The SP level for a product is determined by the leading component. For ECC 6.0 this is SAPKH600XX. So, for your case the system is EHP 3 with SP 06

For systems above EHP 2, you can only download SP stacks using the Maintenance Optimizer and not directly from the service marketplace.

Hope this helps.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhamad,

you can check the SAPNOTE 1165587.

Through this not you can able to know the stack selection.

I hope this help you.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Let me clarify you on this- NetWeaver and ERP are two different product offerings from SAP. Both of them are based on the Application server "WAS". That is other wise well known as Netweaver application server. If you have an ERP system, you should only load the ERP patches (both for ABAP and J2EE) and not the netweaver patches. The netweaver patches come in to picture only for the netweaver components like "EP", "XI", "BI", "MI", "DI". Because, ERP has additional components like "SAP_HR", "SAP_APPL", "EA_RETAIL" etc to name a few. These are not included in the netweaver systems. Here is the path from where you should download the SPs for the ERP package, from the market place

For ABAP:

"Support Packages and Patches" -> SAP Application Components" -> SAP ERP" -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> Entry By Component -> SAP ECC Server

For J2EE:

Support Packages and Patches" -> SAP Application Components -> " SAP ERP" -> SAP ERP 6.0" -> Entry by Component" -> SAP NW - Applic. Server Java

Please let me know if you have nay questions.

Sai Kondapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I think I understand. So what you are saying is that because the current SP Stack for ERP 6.0 (formerly ERP 2005) is stack 12, I should use the Netweaver stack 12 which will patch ERP and Netweaver components?

Also, can anyone find a document that states this? Is it in a Installation guide, SP stack guide, etc.....???

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I read it wrong, Pls apply NW 7 -SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does appling the ERP 2005 SP Stacks also patch NetWeaver 7.0? Can you point to any documentation on this?

Thanks

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP2005 stack doesn't patch NetWeaver 7. You can say NW 7 covers ERP2005. ERP is part of NW.

Usage Types in ERP 2005

ERP Central Component (ECC)

XI Content

Strategic Enterprise Mgmt

Self Services

Supplier Relationship Mgmt

Extended E-Commerce Components

Financial Supply Chain Mgmt

cProject Suite

E-Recruiting

Learning Solution

Process Integration (XI)