cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbench: References and Relationships

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a specification that inherits of another one and that it has a reference.

Is it posible?

Because when i try to do it an error appears that say: "Specification already inherits data; no reference assignment is possible"

Can i do something to change it?

Thank you very much. María.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You can not do that, only possible from any of the following combinations..

1. A specification can receive data via reference and pass on this data or other data.

2. A specification can receive data via inheritance and pass it on via reference.

3. A specification can inherit data and pass it on via reference.

In your case you need to pass values to other specification (refrence) before passing those values to another (target) specification.

Regards,

Keshav

Edited by: Keshav Reddy on Apr 23, 2008 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

In my process i have a finished product made up of a half-finished product plus a package.

I want:

1) My half-finished product has a reference from the DGC1

2) My finished product has a reference from the DGC2

3) My finished product inheritances all the information from my half-finished product, except the DGC.

Thank you so much. Best regards. María.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I understood your process, As I said you people are using corerct sequence, semi finished product is referenced from DGC1 and is passed on to finishd product by inheritance; since these values are passed to target spec (ie ur finished product) by inheritance you can not passon again using inheritance.

Instead you can do it in two ways

1.pass these values to other refrence template and can from there you can passon using inheritance

2. Instead of passing values using inheritance from semifinshed product to finished product, you can pass on values using refrence;then you can passon values using inheritance to other target specs.

Need further clerification, Let me know

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Keshav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I think it is not possible to inherit a specification which has been referenced by another specification already. But you can inherit 'n' no. of times the specification which has already been inherited by another specification already.

And moreover pls check your specification type for reference and inheritance possibility assignment in SPRO.

Let me give more details about inheritance and referencing specifications.

Regards,

Ram