Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion required on File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to implement 2 scenarios where the problem is such as

1) XI server is writing the message content to a file by receiver Adapter. At the same time, the user is reading the file. How can I prevent the user? and other thing is How can the user will be notified that file has been uploaded completely at that moment?

2) How can a user ensure that whether they received the exact source file or not from the XI server prospective apart from trailer record count?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tested the scenario or is it your assumption.

>1) XI server is writing the message content to a file by >receiver Adapter. At the same time, the user is reading >the file. How can I prevent the user? and other thing is >How can the user will be notified that file has been >uploaded completely at that moment?

how user is reading the file?is user using any Text editor?

If you are talking interms of two scenarios.

When File Adpater is writing to some FileSystem the operating system(on which file system is running) wont issue a status that there is a file until unless the file stream is closed on behalf of FileAdapter. It is a general Operating System feature.

so you can happily run your two scenarios without any ambiguity as one scenario is writing to filesystem other scenario will poll the filesystem for files for its process as per the configuration.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ques 1

-

>

use option -> Put File = Temporary file

If the content is to be gathered in a temporary file first before the final file is put on the server, choose Use Temporary File.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VijayaKumar,

Can you please elaborate more on how can it will be usefull to my problem.? "Use Temporary File" is used for File create construction mode. I guess, even if you use that option. the user can read the file at the same time from FTP server. My question is, how I can prevent the user to read the file while uploading to the FTP server. It's just like a database read Synchronization locks.

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SXMB_MONI u can find wheather the source file reached the target or not..