cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS change systems in the request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due a administration process, I have in the Development systems transport request released with the wrong target systems.

Of course I need import the released request to the correct target system, how i can do this?

Because is not posible change the target systems in released requests.

Any idea to transport the request to the correct target systems?

thanks in advance

Javier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a pretty simple solution provided both the incorrect target and correct target systems are included in the same TMS i.e are having same TMS domain. I am also assuming that the transports have not been imported into incorrect target system.

In this scenario go to the import queue of the incorrect target system (using STMS_IMPORT). Select the block of transport requests which need to be moved to correct target. This can be done from menu using EDIT-->SELECT BLOCK.

After this from menu choose Request>Forward>System. Give the correct target system and then these transports will also get forwarded to import buffer of correct target.

If however the transports have been imported in incorrect target system then you need to go import history and then there again do a block selection and then forward those teansport .

Using this you can do an enmass forwarding in one single go.

Using the option Extras>Other Requests>Add you can add only 1 transport at a given point of time unless of course you use CATT like I do.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hola Francisco,

Simply copy the cofile and the datafile from the source to the target system and then go to STMS -> Extras -> Other Requests -> Add.

Cofiles are stored at /usr/sap/trans/cofile and data files are located at /usr/sap/trans/data, format of the files are K<number>.<sid> for the cofile and R<number>/<sid> for the datafiles... again, simply copy them from the folders in the source system to the target system and use STMS to add the request... then simply transport them.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot make changes to the released request, but what you can do is transport of copies.

You can create a transport of copies from SE01 and can inlcude all the objects from the released request with correct target client and system.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can manually add the respective transports to the queue. In STMS, go the the target system's queue, and from top level menu choose "Extras -> Other Requests -> Add"