cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Check - Duplicate vendor Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation where the Duplicate Vendor Invoices have been entered by the users, bearing the same date and reference nos. as the original ones. When we checked we observed that, the system gives the warning message, but the same is ignored by the users. To prevent the same from happening again, we want to convert the warning message into the error message.

Could any one guide as to how can we set up the validation checks, such that the system would throw an error message. In the vendor masters, we have set up the check for Duplicate Invoices.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you already know the message number, then go to T.code:OBA5 or

T.code:SE91 (if its an custom message class) and change the message from waring to Error.

If you are not aware of Message, and try to post a duplicate invoice & when the warning message comes, double click on the same, it will give you the message number.

This will resolve your issue.

Please let me know the result of the same

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for the response. I checked for the Message No. and Application Area by double clicking on the Warning Message, but could not find the same. The Performance Assistant advised to look for the technical document to know the Message No. and the Application Area. How can I find the same ? Or is there any other way to find out the Message No. and the Application Area.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message number you are looking for is F5 117.

In oba5 you should change the W option to E option to get an error message.

I hope this helps,

Miroslav