sales order line item status for an item with PR
Here is my business scenario.
i have got following list of line items in a sales order.
Line item no Material no Order quantity Schedule line confirmed qty Line item overall status Plant
10 A 3 3 Open X
20 B 5 5 Open X
30 C 8 0 Open X
1. I can create delivery for the line tiem 10 & 20 as they are confirmed for schedule lines.
2. Line item 30 is not actually available in Plant X now if i do the availability check and select another plant "Y" where the material is available. For this STO should process should follow up (Correct me if i am wrong)
Now i have got following questions
1. How can i track which line items are followed up by PR's and which are not in the sales order.
2. tell me how follow up happens by creating PR's
Krishna Nambi replied
1. So i am assuming that for each schedule line item there will be associate PR number and PO number if there are any.
Yes every non stock article will have a associated PO.
2. Suppose if Purchasing department make a decision to get this line item thru 3rd party then what happens for this schedule line item.I mean how do we differentiate in showing Sales order? Here my scenario is one Material can get thru either STO or thru 3rd Party.
If you have more than 1 vendor listed for an article in EINA table. Then at that point the system will prompt you to select the vendor you want to create the PO against. (Given that the regular vendor flag is not checked for any vendor).
Eg: Suppose if i have a schedule line item which can get thru STO and i have got another schedule line item which i can get thru 3rd party, Can i see this differentiation in sales order?
3. How to create purchase requisition?
Tcode Me21n (Advise to use this tcode) or ME21
Found a link hope this helps