Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order line item status for an item with PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is my business scenario.

i have got following list of line items in a sales order.

Line item no Material no Order quantity Schedule line confirmed qty Line item overall status Plant

10 A 3 3 Open X

20 B 5 5 Open X

30 C 8 0 Open X

1. I can create delivery for the line tiem 10 & 20 as they are confirmed for schedule lines.

2. Line item 30 is not actually available in Plant X now if i do the availability check and select another plant "Y" where the material is available. For this STO should process should follow up (Correct me if i am wrong)

Now i have got following questions

1. How can i track which line items are followed up by PR's and which are not in the sales order.

2. tell me how follow up happens by creating PR's

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

. How can i track which line items are followed up by PR's and which are not in the sales order.

After you created a Sales order please double click the line item and go to the schedule lines tab. under this tab select the line item and click on the purchase req button . If a PR is succesfully created The info rec and the Vendor fields will be automatically populated. You can also click on the Document flow tab and check if there is a relevant PO created for this entire document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

1. So i am assuming that for each schedule line item there will be associate PR number and PO number if there are any.

2. Suppose if Purchasing department make a decision to get this line item thru 3rd party then what happens for this schedule line item.I mean how do we differentiate in showing Sales order? Here my scenario is one Material can get thru either STO or thru 3rd Party.

Eg: Suppose if i have a schedule line item which can get thru STO and i have got another schedule line item which i can get thru 3rd party, Can i see this differentiation in sales order?

3. How to create purchase requisition?

Thank you

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. So i am assuming that for each schedule line item there will be associate PR number and PO number if there are any.

Yes every non stock article will have a associated PO.

2. Suppose if Purchasing department make a decision to get this line item thru 3rd party then what happens for this schedule line item.I mean how do we differentiate in showing Sales order? Here my scenario is one Material can get thru either STO or thru 3rd Party.

If you have more than 1 vendor listed for an article in EINA table. Then at that point the system will prompt you to select the vendor you want to create the PO against. (Given that the regular vendor flag is not checked for any vendor).

Eg: Suppose if i have a schedule line item which can get thru STO and i have got another schedule line item which i can get thru 3rd party, Can i see this differentiation in sales order?

3. How to create purchase requisition?

Tcode Me21n (Advise to use this tcode) or ME21

Found a link hope this helps

http://www.le.ac.uk/mis/docs/sapdocs/mm/mm46b_41.doc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi archana

for the line item go to item data - > schedule lines there if you find purchase requisition tab automatically this will be the key reference for the MM consultants

By default , if the item category is TAS , and once you save the order, go to VA02 and in item data - > schedule lines , you can view a purchase requisition tab .

even in the document flow also you can see status

Regards

Srinath