cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MDIS to import qualified tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All !

I've encountered a strange problem - MDIS throws structural exception during import of data from xml into qualified table.

In MDIS logs I found this record: "Create lookups failed. Source record No. : -11, Error message : Invalid field values."

But if I try to import the same file with the same import mapping, using Import Manager, everything is ok!

Has anybody faced same problem?

Edited by: Alexander Pomazunoff on Apr 22, 2008 6:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add the values of Lookup table once (appears in Blue in Value Mapping) and execute the import once it will work fine and if you execute the same map without any change it will give you Internal Error.

Follow the below steps for importing values into the Qualified table:

1. Create the mapping once and add the lookup values

2. Execute the import and save the map.

3. Reopen the import manager again and open the same map you will find your lookup table values mapped(appear in green)

4. Change the Default Import Action to Update All Mapped Fields and save the map.

5. Check the import status and if it is Ready to Import just close the import manager.

6. Run the import using MDIS.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the configuration options of your map related to MDIS handling and set the following properties accordingly:

1. Automap unmapped values

2. Unmapped value handling

Also check other properties related to the qualified table

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh Talreja

Automap Unmapped Values = yes

Unmapped Value Handling = add

and what other properties should I check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Are you using standard map from SAP?

because i hv faced same problem with standard Map.

Try creating ur own map & use it for automatic import.

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maheshwari,

no, I've created my own map.

Maybe, I am doing smth wrong. I'll try to explain (example is very simplified):

I have 3 tables:

main Person (surname, name, lastname, address (qualified lookup to address) )

qualified Address (type (lookup to address type) , city (qualifier) , street (qualifier) )

flat Address type (type name)

I try to import this xml:

<PERSONS>

<PERSON>

<SURNAME>Pomazunoff</SURNAME>

<NAME>Alexander</NAME>

<ADDRESS>

<TYPE>Primary</TYPE>

<CITY>Moscow</CITY>

<STREET>Profsoyuzhnaya</STREET>

</ADDRESS>

<ADDRESS>

<TYPE>Secondary</TYPE>

<CITY>Moscow</CITY>

<STREET>Efremova</STREET>

</ADDRESS>

</PERSON>

</PERSONS>

In Import Manager I lookup whole table ADDRESS, and after that I map PERSON\SURNAME and PERSON\NAME to the corresponding fields of table Person, ADDRESS\TYPE to field address of table Person, and fields ADDRESS\CITY and ADDRESS\STREET I map to city and street which appears in table Person as qualifiers.

Table Address type is already filled with 'Primary' and 'Secondary' values.

So, I expect that this import fills table 'Address' with references to 'Primary' and 'Secondary' Address type values, and after that it adds record 'Alexander', 'Pomazunoff' into Person and adds two address qualifiers to this record.

Exaxtly this happens when I use import manager, but MDIS throws structural exception during execution of this mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

According to me, there can be 2 reasons of failure:

1. You have mentioned that your source file has 3 tables in it. MDIS can handle only 1 table mapping at 1 mapping. For mapping all the 3 tables at 1 go, you will have to look-up all the fields in the 2 tables to the Main Table. This will ensure that all the fields that you want, exist in the Main Table Mapping.

You have mentioned that you have done this for the Quailifer table, Kindly check it for the Look up FLat also.

2. If the above problem is not there, then kindly check the Map. I think, You have mentioned that the Map works with the Import Manager. The map should be perfect, only then the MDIS will be able to import it.

Now, Actaully sometimes what happens is,

The map is saved with a source file. After that it might happen that you would be using a source file which would have extra Tags ( Fields). That means, now the source file that you would be using might be having some extra tags as compared to the source file which you must have used for saving the Map. The Map becomes Out of Date. Perfom, Save Update ( in the Import Manager) after any changes made to the map.

Also, try creating 1 map for the current source file.

Configure the same map for the MDIS and keep the same source file in the Ready Folder. If MDIS does not gives an error and it imports the file, then the problem is with your Old map as it throwing a structural Exception.

Kindly check it.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin Jain ,

thanks for the answer, but it didn't help

I've used the same test xml file for import manager and for MDIS.

Also, I've created simple test mapping with only one qualified table and it also fails in MDIS.

I think - maybe it is not correct to use in qualified table a lookup field? May this be a reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved a problem!

This happened because MDIS during import process found a new value for address type and tried to add it to qualified table address. But flat table address type, referenced by address, doesn't contain this value and import process fails!

This 'new' value is <x>

It's very strange, because this address type doesn't exist in my file and Import Manager works correctly.

I suppose, this is some MDIS bug...

Thank you all for your advises!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the operating system your MDM Server is running on? and What is the type of the file (XML or text file) you are trying to import from?

Import Server can not perform all operations that Import Manager can on few operating systems. Check out the Import Manager guide for limitations on mdis.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Explorer,

MDIS runs under Windows 2003 x64, and the file type is xml

Edited by: Alexander Pomazunoff on Apr 23, 2008 8:02 AM