cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a another form from Subroutine pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a custom Transfer order form (SAP Script), and a subroutine pool; which is called from this form. Is it possible to trigger another form (SAP Script) from this subroutine pool?

When called the OPEN_FORM from the Subroutine pool, it doesn't work because its failing at a check statement; a check statement on the structure CO_PERFORM. This structure gets populated with the calling subroutine information. Is it possible to clear this structure before calling the OPEN_FORM?

Any ideas on this would very much helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Rejin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try using in the second OPEN_FORM:

CALL FUNCTION OPEN_FORM STARTING NEW TASK task name.

This will execute the OPEN_FORM asynchronously and I think you'll get the structure cleared.

Isn't it a little complicated handle the two sapscript with only one control program? I don't like it, I don't know what's the requirement though.

I'm thinking something else... maybe a SUBMIT call to another report and launch the second form from it.

Hope this ideas help you.

Regards,

Andrés Sarcevic

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..

We got rid of the requirement.

However, I had tried FM in new task before and it had worked. But, I didn't want to use that approach because there's a bottleneck in using this approach. When User has 6 sessions open, the new task fails.

I did try Submit option too, FM in background, but they did not work..

This is what I am assuming, it might not even be possible to call the form from a subroutine pool because at at any point of time there cannot be 2 OPEN_FORM calls without closing the first one.