cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SLD for CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have configured CTS+ for transporting PI content. My landscape consists of two SLD's - one which contains DEV and QA systems only, the so called Test-SLD and one which contains all three stages DEV, QA and PROD, the so called Prod-SLD.

Unfortunately the CTS+ pulls in a standard installation the transport path from the Test-SLD. When it comes to a deployment to PROD the import fails, because the business system cannot be mapped.

Is there a possibility to make CTS+ to query the Prod-SLD? Can I maintain something like a SLD URL for CTS+ and where? Otherwise I have to include the P-Stage in my Test-SLD as well.

Thanks for your help

Frank Opitz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

the issue here is not the link to the correct SLD, it has more to do with the fact that for transporting into the XI directory of the production the SAME transport from DEV is used.

And this transport contains only the DEV business systems.

So what need to be done in the PROD SLD is a setup of transport target groups from DEV business systems to PROD business systems, instead of before transport groups from QA business systems to PROD business systems.

In the SLD it is possible to configure multiple source systems (DEV business systen and QA business system) for your PROD business systems. So this new configuration should solve your directory transport issues then.

Alternatively, if you want to go with the old SLD configuration only:

You would have to allow a new export from your QA XI directory and use this newly created transport from your QA to be imported into your PROD XI directory. But usually this configuration then contradicts the TMS concept of one single source system (DEV).

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you NOT use a single centralized SLD which can resolve you problem

for good. We are thinking about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We'are facing the same issue as mentioned above.

What would be the best way to solve this issue. Defining eg multiple targets for your development system in the SLD's?

>

Alternatively, if you want to go with the old SLD configuration only:

You would have to allow a new export from your QA XI directory and use this newly created transport from your QA to be imported into your PROD XI directory. But usually this configuration then contradicts the TMS concept of one single source system (DEV).

What would be the best way?

Regards,

Emile

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that answer is posted in next forum message:

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We're planning to build the same design for SLD that you have. We're not there yet but I'd like to know if you found a solution to your problem that we might also have.

Thanks.

George